About the Department
In the US, more than 100 million adults and a growing number of children live with the disease of obesity, yet only 2% of them receive dedicated medical treatment. By joining the Obesity Commercial team, you will have the opportunity to help people with obesity receive the care they deserve. The Novo Nordisk aspiration is to be a driving force in the science of obesity, to deliver an obesity portfolio and solutions that matter, to ensure obesity is widely recognized as a chronic disease and to reduce barriers to treatment. Our team is the company’s obesity strategy anchor, partnering enterprise-wide to deliver on this aspiration. The team is comprised of both our home office strategy and marketing execution teams and our field based teams focusing on customer engagements and execution of our strategy. As one of the Novo Nordisk must win battles, developing the obesity market is a rare opportunity backed by Novo Nordisk's long term commitment and track record in helping people living with chronic disease achieve greater health outcomes. If you are passionate about being a force for change, not afraid to take risks and challenge the status quo, and are looking to join a highly diverse and collaborative team, we encourage you to apply. Are you ready?
This position responsible for the delivery of Obesity education for relevant local stakeholders, to empower proactive, systematic and chronic medical management of Obesity and foster relevant use of Pharmacotherapy. Responsible for the delivery of Obesity education beyond Healthcare Professionals (HCPs), to support the medical management of Obesity. This may include practices, health systems, bariatric/weight management centers, employers with coverage, (and when relevant their employees), employers coalitions and community centers who have the desire and interest in treating obesity or in supporting the person with Obesity (patient or employee) engaged in medical management of their Obesity.
Responsible for the development of the market by educating HCPs who have the desire to treat Obesity. Responsible for growth of the market to increase the number of patients treated for Obesity and increase the HCPs who proactively, systematically and chronically medically manage patients with Obesity. Responsible for ensuring the program goals are being properly executed within territory.
Reports to the Obesity Education Manager. Represents the organization as a prime contact for chronic weight management education. Engages with a variety of customers in a complex marketplace. Position will manage multiple external relationships including relationships with local stakeholders and patients. Proactively and effectively collaborates with internal sales, marketing, medical and legal personnel. Interacts and collaborates on a regular basis with other field-based employees covering the same geographic areas and also collaborates with home-office functions, such as marketing, medical and legal personnel.
- Establish obesity as a chronic versus an acute disease while helping to develop protocols to support that goal
- Builds the understanding of Obesity management through HCP/staff education, patient education, patient device training, employer education, health system education and community education (support groups, partnership with weight management centers)
- Seeks new avenues to heighten awareness and action within each unique territory utilizing approved resources and Standards of Care in Obesity Management on how to better manage patient’s respective disease state according to guidelines. Responsible for ensuring the program goals are being properly executed within territory
- Supports local market access activities at employers who have opted in for obesity coverage
- Develop leads in accounts to increase the depth of knowledge and call to action
- Works closely with support staff through the PA process, billing, and follow up
- Where there is access to Branded Anti-Obesity Markets (AOMs), work with employer and Integrated Delivery Network (IDN) Health and Wellness Departments
- Partnering with external, local human resource benefit professionals to discuss the ways to enhance employee engagement in obesity treatment
- Educate employees of opted-in employers who are requesting Obesity knowledge
- Align with internal stakeholders to identify and meet customer needs
- Collaborate with Obesity Care Specialist (OCS), Obesity District Business Manager (ODBM), and Market Access to align on the regions practice and local connector needs
- Adjust territory routing to help ensure that targeted providers receive exposure to the Education Field Force Strategy. Communicate effectively (verbal and written) with field counterpart to leverage collaborative opportunities while staying within the Education Field Force Strategy and Novo Nordisk policies and guidelines
- Conduct educational programs in primary care and specialty offices for HCPs and office staff to increase the offices obesity management understanding via systematic delivery of weight management education
- Ensure that education delivered follows the standards of care and other relevant treatment guidelines
- Execute on the Education Field Force Strategy tactics and demonstrates adaptability if/when the strategy changes and implement weight management curriculum following the Education Field Force Strategy strategic and tactical direction
- Implements customized educational programs based upon needs
- Involves health systems, employers and other community stakeholders to capitalize on emerging opportunities
- Serves as a trusted advisor in weight management education for targeted healthcare professionals
- Works closely with office management giving insight and gaining knowledge of the staffs ' and patients ' educational needs
- Demonstrate openness to coaching and development and make adjustments based on coaching Prioritize budget resources to effectively execute the overall Education Field Force Strategy
- Responsible for ensuring the program goals are being properly executed within territory
30-40% overnight travel required.
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant pharmaceutical sales, clinical or medical experience. Relevant obesity or related clinical experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required; Degree in life or health sciences preferred
- Excellent verbal and written skills required
- Bilingual preferred in certain geographic markets
- Ability to work independently in a field-based role is required
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.