Requisition ID: MAI000850
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that's committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
The electrical maintenance planner / designer will work independently and with others to plan preventive (PM), predictive (PdM) and corrective (CM) maintenance tasks for the electrical and instrumentation crafts. The position is also responsible for small electrical and instrumentation design requests.
Primary activities and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create and modify job plans for PM, PdM and CM maintenance tasks including: labor, materials, special tools, special PPE, permits, work procedures, and drawings/sketches as necessary.
- Interface with work order initiators to confirm scope and priority of work.
- Evaluate spare parts inventory levels and item descriptions as necessary to ensure optimal levels of spare parts and to enhance ease of finding items. Ensure parts are linked to the appropriate equipment within the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
- Review completed work orders to measure planning effectiveness and enhance integrity of maintenance work plans.
- Develop standard work order plans for regularly recurring repair jobs, to simplify the planning process.
- Procure outside services as needed.
- Perform periodic reviews of maintenance and calibration work plans for optimization.
- Work closely with maintenance supervisors and schedulers to build rolling 4-week maintenance schedule.
- Screen and review all plannable work orders coming from production areas.
- Assist maintenance engineers with the implementation of Preventative Maintenance Optimization (PMO) and Predictive Maintenance (PdM).
- Generate work plans for shut-down activities and coordinates with operations.
- Implement a parts kitting process within mechanical storeroom.
- Documentation integrity: add maintenance related literature to equipment tag files and add equipment into CMMS as needed.
- Prepare and maintain maintenance reports applicable to Key Performance Indicators for planning efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide electrical and instrument design support to craftsman and contractors, ensure engineering drawings are updated.
- Provide technical troubleshooting support and engineering drawings upon request.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- BS Degree in electrical or electronic engineering, AS Degree in electrical or electronic technology, or completion of nationally recognized apprenticeship program in electrical/electronics
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 3 years of maintenance experience within a manufacturing facility or equivalent military experience in the electrical/instrumentation and controls field is required.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Planning/Scheduling experience within a manufacturing facility strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management System software (SAP, MAXIMO) strongly preferred
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Excel, Word, MS Project)
- Familiarity with Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software (MicroStation, AutoCAD)
- Superior communication and listening skills
- Ability to read technical manuals/drawings, write job procedures and perform basic math
- Ability to learn how to use a digital camera and photo software
- Ability to learn how to make simple sketches
- Ability to interface with vendors and contractors as necessary
- Ability to understand and apply the site's safety and compliance requirements regarding maintenance execution activities
- Familiarity and work experience with electrical equipment and instrumentation/controls
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Bloomsburg
Nearest Secondary Market: Allentown