Requisition ID: KEN000121
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare .
Under general supervision, install, operate, maintain, alter, troubleshoot and repair electrical power and lighting distribution systems, along with a wide variety of industrial electrical equipment.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- High School graduate or equivalent. Vocational or Technical school certification. Courses in Electrical Theory and Practice.
Required Experience and Skills:
- 4+ years apprenticeship or equivalent experience in electrical installation and repair in an industrial environment.
- Must be familiar with the National Electrical Code.
- Understand wiring diagrams, schematics, and CAD drawings/blueprints.
- Must have adequate skills to perform required job functions with minimal supervision. Demonstration of teamwork abilities and communication skills.
- Must be able to lift, bend, and move in a safe manner while performing job tasks
- Must be able to safely operate required hand/power tools, test instrumentation and equipment required by this trade
- Must have knowledge and be able to work on computers as required
- Must be self motivated and able to work independently
This is a 3rd shift position; hours are from 11PM-7:15 AM
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience with motor control circuits, pumping stations, building automation, and current lighting technologies
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Kenilworth, 003
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 3rd
Hazardous Materials: Yes
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark