Requisition ID: SER001760
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare .
We are seeking energetic, forward thinking professionals to join our Global Human Health Information Technology group in a period of exciting change - where we are transforming the organization to be more digital. You will have the opportunity to work on global teams to identify the biggest opportunities as well as tackle the biggest challenges at the intersection of healthcare, information and technology.
Join a Global Technical Services and Delivery organization supporting Merck's Global Human Health and Marketing organization.
As part of that team, you will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of enterprise projects that impact multiple applications in Global Human Health and ensure consistency with company strategy, commitments, and goals. The End to End Delivery Lead will be responsible for managing and delivering IT and business solutions using formal project delivery processes and methodologies.
The candidate will work closely with technical teams to identify, prioritize, and complete project milestones for the assigned area ensuring work is executed on time, on budget, and meets requirements outlined. This candidate is ultimately responsible for meeting the milestones committed to the business and delivering high quality work. He or she identifies and tracks dependencies and risks, develops mitigation plans and executes on them accordingly.
Primary job responsibilities include:
- End-to-end leadership for planning, delivery, and on boarding of commercial platform products and
- Full responsibility for the definition, approach, facilitation and satisfactory completion of medium and large scale projects (with direct business impact and firm deadlines)
- Manage and coordinate configuration and development activities of multiple concurrent teams consisting of internal and external technical resources
- Oversee development of complete and accurate business requirements, detailed technical construction plans, and functional requirement specifications in addition to other supporting SDLC documentation
- Provide effective leadership to project team and take appropriate action where team performance deviates from agreed tolerances.
- Monitor project quality, budgets, status, issues, risks, metrics, deliverables, and milestones. Manages project execution; institutes project controls; ensures project closure
- Advise on and adopt available standards, methods, tools and applications that support more efficient and lower cost deployment of platform capabilities.
- Coordinating programs to be executed and monitor their successful delivery of benefits
- Managing the execution programs, in line with agreed methods and guidelines, to deliver program outputs.
- Manage relationships with third party vendors and partners
- Work across many IT teams to coordinate and implement programs (and integrate with other IT platforms)
- Competitive pay
- Position in a world leading global company
- Challenging career
- Professional growth based on performance
- Innovative working environment
- Wide range of benefits
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related business field
- The candidate should have 7+ years of relevant experience managing project delivery/deployment teams
- Strong leadership skills with track record of success managing large IT projects with solid SDLC practices
- Global/regional software deployment experience with cross-functional teams
- Strong problem solving abilities and comfortable working in ambiguous, time-pressured situations, with multiple stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal, networking, influencing, and relationship-building skills and the ability to navigate cross-culturally with wide array of stakeholders, internally and externally.
- Demonstrated leadership and experience managing people and suppliers
- Superior written, listening, communication and influencing skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a geographically disbursed environment
- Experience of different ways of working and delivery methodologies - iterative, agile, Kanban
- Experience working with structured and unstructured data across the commercial environment (sales, marketing, digital etc.) and supporting the use of these types of data with key Business stakeholders
- Experience of working closely with onshore/nearshore/offshore teams and clients.
- Demonstrated ability to have successfully completed multiple, complex technical projects
- Leadership and team management experience with ability to provide strategic planning and oversight.
- Possess talent for handling shifting priorities / demands / timelines and effectively executing tasks in a high-pressure environment. It is crucial that candidate be able to react to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently
- Demonstrated experience in designing data focused solution architecture for major global organization
- Experience with Data Warehousing concepts and solutions
- Experience with Amazon Web Services including Redshift
- Experience deploying integrated data ecosystems highly preferred
- Familiarity with laws, rules, and regulations applicable to Pharma industry highly desirable
- Other regulated industry experience will also be considered
- Ability to lead without authority, and manage up, down, and across large, matrixed organizations
- Prior experience in designing and implementing cloud computing and/or web-based solutions and be familiar
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Service Delivery/Management
Other Locations: West Point, PA, US
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Austin