IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
IQVIA is the world leader in the provision of health and pharmaceutical data to the health care sector. Our Health Economics and Outcomes Research department is globally renowned for providing business focused research, conducted to the highest standards.
IQVIA delivers a suite of services to help healthcare stakeholders access and apply real-world evidence for decisions at every stage of the product life cycle. The Health Access and Outcomes team is focused on providing services for Market Access, HEOR, and medical, scientific teams.
- Leads teams of consultants/ analysts/ statisticians in the design, development and delivery of RWES projects including larger, complex projects to a high standard which meets or exceeds client expectations.
- Designs study approach, and methodologies for the use of real world evidence, especially administrative databases (claims, prescription and electronic health records).
- Provides high level input to and ensures development of the design, structure and delivery of study protocols, client reports and presentations that are appropriate to the characteristics and needs of the client.
- Recommends improvements and alternative solutions to deliver to and above client expectations.
- Engagement managers are expected to provide coaching and direction to more junior professionals assigned to engagements and across multiple projects.
Project management and client liaison responsibilities:
- Take responsibility for day-to-day project management and client management on projects of all sizes.
- Develops project plan with timelines and deliverables and leads project to successful completion, on-time and on-budget, from start to finish with little senior management guidance.
- Manages communication with client and follows up with client after project deliverable has been completed to ensure client satisfaction.
- Leads client and other external meetings supported by junior colleagues where appropriate
Business development responsibilities:
- With limited senior management input, reviews and analyzes client requirements and leads in the development of proposals of cost effective solutions that ensure profitability and high client satisfaction.
- Identifies new business opportunities for follow-on work and new leads at engaged clients.
- Builds portfolio of client contacts as a source for future projects.
- Acts as an ambassador of IQVIA and thought leader amongst peers and the broader client community, including representing IQVIA at conferences, client events, etc.
- Proactively mentors, coaches and shares subject matter expertise with others to elevate our capabilities to deliver world-class solutions for clients.
- Will have line management, coaching, mentoring and development responsibilities for employees. Will assist with recruitment.
- Understands and takes a role in implementing the HEOR and RWES business vision and objectives.
- Actively supports the strategic development of the business.
- Postgraduate qualification in economics, public policy, health economics, and health services research, or a relevant related area, or health-related MBA.
- Ph.D. degree with strong emphasis in health economics, epidemiology, health services research, or public health policy is desirable.
- ~8 years of experience in undertaking database or health outcomes research, or in a relevant area such as epidemiology, pharmacovigilance, outcomes research, health economics, statistics, or public health.
Experience will generally have been gained in one of the following environments:
- Healthcare Consultancy
- Pharmaceutical or other Healthcare Industry
- Academic or Governmental Research Organization
- Health Services Research setting
Technical skills and knowledge:
- Excellent understanding of the Canadian and international healthcare environment, with particular focus on Health Technology Assessment (HTA) policies. Direct experience with the development of models is of benefit
- Expert understanding of health economic research theory, and practical knowledge of research project implementation
- High level of literacy - able to write reports and manuscripts in clear, accurate and concise language
- Knowledge of consulting methods, tools and techniques related to these areas
- Longitudinal patient level data analysis using electronic medical records is a plus
- Commercial awareness and good understanding of the health technology and pharmaceutical industry, gained through experience
- Experience with statistical software (SAS, SPSS, R)
Personal skills and behaviors:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A commitment to working collaboratively and effectively with others in and across the team to accomplish goals
- A commitment to timely communication with clients, IQVIA project managers and team members
- A pragmatic and logical problem solving approach to projects
- Strong commitment to quality on all project deliverables even under time pressure.
- An ability to build strong business relationships
- A desire to be the best at what we do
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
Job ID: R1083461