IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
Those who choose to work with us are joining a recognized global leader - a company uniquely positioned to help clients make the most of market opportunities and respond to challenges that affect global healthcare. We're committed to blending industry expertise and advanced technology to deliver the most accurate perspectives and in-depth analytics on healthcare dynamics.
To join IQVIA means you'll be part of a worldwide organization where one person can make a difference, and where collaboration and innovation rule. Our people are creative and client-focused. They are among the best and brightest in the industry. And they bring a broad range of expertise to the table. Our people are analysts, statisticians, software engineers, consultants, sales leaders, marketing and product managers, and more. The key to our success is our people, whose experience, talent, commitment and diversity set the standard for the health information industry.
We invest in people through a range of initiatives in compensation, benefits, and learning and development, and we strive to create an environment where our employees are challenged, empowered and can flourish.
The Primary Intelligence business unit of IQVIA uses marketing research with healthcare professionals to drive strategic decision-making for our clients.
We are seeking a bright, motivated candidate for an Engagement Manager position to join our ProVoice team. ProVoice is the largest syndicated physician surveys in the US and allows brands, primarily in the OTC space, to track HCP recommendation behavior, target the highest recommenders, and-when the data allows-to support doctor recommendation-related claims. The ProVoice team also helps these clients with custom market research studies that are often follow ups to the syndicated data results.
The successful candidate will utilize a combination of client management ability, analytics, market research and business development skills to ensure client satisfaction and contribute to revenue growth. The person in this role should be a critical thinker with the ability to translate data to insights.
The Engagement Managers roles and responsibilities include:
- Act as a thought partner to clients to ensure they maximize the utility of survey results by identifying insightful trends in the data
- Respond to client questions about survey data and provide assistance in manipulating and interpreting the data
- Provide clients with monthly and/or quarterly summary reports as necessary
- Proactively engage clients to ensure satisfaction and identify opportunities to expand ProVoice's foothold
- Assist with the planning, survey development, and analysis of custom research projects
- Onboard new clients to educate them on data interpretation and use of the online data access tool
- Coordinate with Operations team on survey updates and custom projects as necessary
Please apply if you meet the criteria below:
- Bachelor's Degree required; advanced degree preferred (Master's degree or PhD).
- Must be comfortable working with data
- Experience with market research and client service, preferably within healthcare and 6+ years
- Ability to act as a strategic partner for clients.
- Comfortable working independently on a small team, often remotely
- Expertise in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills and is effective in a variety of presentation settings.
- Experience in a business development role is preferred.
- Have the right to work in the US without Company sponsorship.
- Has a strong commitment to quality.
We are offering an attractive compensation package including base salary, individual sales incentive plan, medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits, and 401K plan.
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
Job ID: R1092139