Our Human Health Division maintains a “patient first, profits later” ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.
Our Sales team support our customers by providing clinical information about products, educational information, clinical training programs and resources. We support healthcare providers and healthcare systems meet the goals of the patients in their communities.
The Entry-Level Customer Representative sells to customers by providing clinical information regarding relevant products, as well as education and resources. They do this to support customer needs in an effort to help the Health Care Practitioner meet their patients’ goals.
The Customer Representative is the primary point of contact for a variety of customers within their assigned geography. These customers may include: Health care providers such as physicians, nurses, pharmacists as well as quality directors and office managers.
Within their geography there are a diverse set of health care locations that they will call upon in order to execute their role including: physicians’ offices, integrated delivery systems, and hospital clinics.
The Customer Rep is a key member of the local Customer Team that works collaboratively with other field based employees such as the Account Executives (AEs), Integration Delivery Systems (IDS) leaders as well as other members of our extended team.
The primary activities include:
- Developing a territory level business plan in accordance with our policies, standards and ethics.
- Maintaining product knowledge and certification of our portfolio for which they are responsible.
- Engaging in balanced product sales discussions with Health Care Providers and Health Care Business Professionals to align customer needs and products in accordance with product labeling. This is achieved by keeping apprised of professional and health care environment knowledge through self-study of company-provided scientific, product and marketplace information, attendance at product workshops and conferences, as well as consistent and ongoing review of promotional materials
- Providing management with updates on customer needs as it relates to helping them improve patient health outcomes, customer feedback, marketplace dynamics, and progress towards quality goals.
- Providing customers with key insights by keeping apprised of professional and health care environment knowledge through self-study of company-provided scientific, product and marketplace information, attendance at product workshops and conferences, as well as consistent and ongoing review of promotional materials.
- Regularly monitoring their business performance against objectives using company provided tools.
- Within select customer accounts, acts as primary point of contact for the customer, meet with key customers/personnel to maintain understanding of their current practice structure, business model, and key influencers (Managed Care Organization/payers, employers, state policy), and their patients’ needs. Identifies business opportunities and makes information available to relevant stakeholders to support the identified customer needs.
- For select customer accounts, coordinate with the customer team (Account Executives, Integrated Delivery System team, Solutions support teams, etc.) to outline customer strategy for interactions/relationships aimed at improving customer and patient support.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience working in one or more of the following areas: Pharmaceutical/Healthcare, Sales, Consulting, Customer Service or Military.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Self- directed and organized
- Possess strong interpersonal and leadership qualities in an academic or professional setting
- Excellent planning and organizational skills and good judgment
- Valid Driver’s License
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Prior experience developing and executing plans for engaging customers and meeting customer needs
- Demonstrated success in establishing, developing and maintaining relationships
- Prior experience working in a highly regulated industry or environment where compliance to policies is critical
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Required: BA/BS
- Preferred: MBA/MS
Your role is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. We're inventing for life.
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Our company does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms or recruitment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any of our employees via email, the Internet or in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our Company. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by our Company as a result of the referral or through other means.
This posting has been created to pipeline talent for prospective roles that we anticipate will be needed soon in our organization. By applying to this Pipeline Advertisement, you will be submitting your interest to be contacted for similar roles to what is described in the Pipeline Advertisement.