Requisition ID: DIR026545
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck's Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a "patient first, profits later" ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
The entry level Chronic Care Representative (CCR) is the primary point of contact for a variety of customers within their assigned geography. These customers may include: health care providers such as physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, pharmacists as well as quality directors and office managers. Within their geography there are a diverse set of health care locations that they will call upon in order to execute their role including: physicians' offices, integrated delivery systems, and hospital clinics.
The CCR is a key member of the local Customer Team that works collaboratively with other Merck field based employees such as the Account Executives, Integration Delivery Systems leaders as well as other members of the Merck extended team.
The primary activities include:
- Developing a territory level business plan in accordance with Merck policies, standards, and ethics.
- Maintaining product knowledge and certification on the Merck portfolio for which they are responsible.
- Engaging in balanced product sales discussions with Health Care Providers and Health Care Business Professionals to align customer needs and Merck products in accordance with product labeling. This is achieved by keeping apprised of professional and health care environment knowledge through self-study of company-provided scientific, product and marketplace information, attendance at product workshops and conferences, as well as consistent and ongoing review of Merck promotional materials
- Providing Merck management with updates on customer needs as it relates to helping them improve patient health outcomes, customer feedback, marketplace dynamics, and progress towards quality goals.
- Providing customers with key insights by keeping apprised of professional and health care environment knowledge through self-study of company-provided scientific, product and marketplace information, attendance at product workshops and conferences, as well as consistent and ongoing review of Merck promotional materials.
- Regularly monitoring their business performance against objectives using company provided tools.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Required: BA/BS
Required Experience and Skills:
- Demonstrated excellence in current or previous educational or professional roles
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Valid Driver's license
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Ability to convey technical concepts accurately and clearly
- Previous sales, account management, consultative, or customer service experience
- Ability to analyze metrics to assess progress against objectives
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Direct Sales Generic
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Boston