EU/RoW Medical Director, Haematology Oncology
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
Reporting to the VP & Head of Medical Affairs for EU/RoW, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing and executing the strategy and programs for the successful launch and life cycle management of their assigned Haematology/Oncology product.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. Haematology/oncology a major strategic pillar for the company.
As a principal partner in the brand team, the incumbent will lead the EU/RoW region's Medical Affairs strategy for their assigned product area and be positioned as the clinical expert to both internal and external customers. The role will demand strong leadership qualities, high levels of cross functional collaboration and the ability to influence across all levels of the organisation, including those represented in the US. This role will demand an ability to work strategically and operationally in equal measures. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, who thrives in ambiguity and possesses an entrepreneurial and innovative approach.
The incumbent is responsible for ensuring all activities are executed in accordance with regulatory and legal frameworks including but not limited to GCP, IFPMA and local regulations as well as Jazz Pharmaceuticals Policies and Healthcare compliance procedures.
Lead the development and execution of the Medical Affairs launch strategy for assigned haem onc product across EU/RoW
- Lead, develop and execute the Medical Affairs strategy for your assigned haem onc product, working in close collaboration with the brand team and other cross functional members of the team.
- Build peer-to-peer relationships with Regional Thought Leaders in AML through science, in order to develop experience and advocacy for your assigned haem onc product
- Develop a data generation and publication plan to address the needs of the clinical community
- Gain deep insights and understanding of the therapy area, to shape the organization's strategy
- Ensure organizational readiness for launch
Leadership of EU/RoW Medical Affairs for assigned haem onc product
- Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge of Haematology/Oncology and related clinical and scientific literature in order to position him/herself as an expert in the field.
- Ensure development and execution of the regional medical affairs strategy and support adaptation and execution in-country through close collaboration and alignment with the country medical affairs teams
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining internal organizational links with Global/US Medical Affairs, Clinical Development, Regulatory and Global Strategic Marketing groups to ensure consistency and coherence of approach and appropriate support for EU/RoW regional projects
Strategic and Tactical Planning
- Ensure development and implementation of the regional medical affairs strategy aligned to strategic imperatives, including responsibility for regional budget allocation and monitoring
- Review and critically appraise clinical and scientific literature to identify key drivers that differentiate Jazz's medicines and provide support and advice to cross-functional teams in developing strategy and tactical implementation plans.
- Contribute to the development of and maintain awareness of the competitive landscape and communicate intelligence to cross-functional teams as appropriate
- Provide guidance regarding appropriate speakers for national/international congresses and workshops in order to expand and enhance scientific exchange
- Work closely with the EU/RoW Marketing team to ensure Thought Leader and educational activities are of the highest scientific quality
- Support creation of training material and other scientific materials in collaboration with marketing and other appropriate internal stakeholders
- Support clinical education as well as in-house training for MSLs and hospital specialists and other appropriate staff as required
Data Generation and Publication Planning
- Oversee the development and execution of study plans to provide post marketing data to support the portfolio of Jazz Haematology/Oncology products in phase IV, observational and pharmacoeconomic studies as well as Investigator Initiated Research.
- Oversight of the approval and implementation of these projects in line with relevant pharmaceutical regulations and Jazz SOPs as appropriate.
- Maintain a publication plan covering regional data generation. Support communication of product data by development of post-launch publications on a National level based on peer reviewed publications and/or round-table, symposium and meeting outcomes
- Facilitate and support publication of customer initiated data or reviews in line with Jazz strategy
- Represent and ensure EU/RoW regional input to global publication planning teams
- Work with regional and global/US marketing colleagues and selected Thought Leaders in strategic advisory activities
- Support development of Jazz EU/RoW positioning as trusted scientific partner
- Support EU/RoW Thought Leader advocacy through provision of scientific and clinical information via the MSL team
- Collaborate with academic thought leaders to ensure that the company's products will serve the clinical needs of patients and to ensure a balanced discussion on their safety and efficacy
- Ensure appropriate training to maintain excellent levels of scientific and medical knowledge, attending appropriate scientific congresses to stay abreast of developments and to support global and regional Thought Leader activities
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong leadership skills with ability to influence at all levels of the organisation as well as with external customers
- Strategic thinker with ability to develop and implement plans at regional and country level
- Able to understand the detailed science and clinical aspects of the Haematology/Oncology portfolio
- Able to engage and communicate effectively with professionals and colleagues
- Excellent presentation skills, strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent command of spoken English and preferably at least one other relevant language
- Able to demonstrate clear understanding and experience of competitive study design and execution
- Willingness to travel frequently
- Excellent work ethic
- Proficiency in computer skills
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Strong preference for a Medical Doctor with Haematology/Oncology experience gained (clinical and/or pharmaceutical)
- Medical degree, PhD or higher science degree required
- Significant and proven track record of excellence in the pharmaceutical industry
- Must have medical affairs experience including launching new products, market shaping and launch readiness activities
- Experience of working in a regional medical affairs role is highly desirable
- Good understanding of healthcare systems in Europe and the needs of payors
- Must have experience in running Phase IV studies and lifecycle management
- Experience in establishing scientific relationships/interactions with academic societies
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.