Vir is a clinical-stage immunology company with a compelling mission; "A World Without Infectious Disease". We are focused on combining immunologic insights with innovative technologies. We have assembled four technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and improve the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Our current development pipeline consists of product individuals targeting hepatitis B virus, influenza A, SARS-CoV-2, human immunodeficiency virus and tuberculosis.
We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our Mission. We have an ongoing commitment to creating a company passionate about equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and encouraged to give at their best, we will collectively deliver outstanding results.
Vir Biotechnology (Vir), a San Francisco company with a bold mission to end infectious disease, is seeking an experienced Executive Assistant for our amazing team! This position will report to the VP, Virology and will support Vir's growing Research Department.
- Extensive Outlook calendaring including accommodating last-minute scheduling conflicts and changes
- Provide administrative support to senior members of the Research team, keeping them well informed and well prepared for upcoming meetings, commitments and responsibilities
- Proactively prioritize conflicting needs and competing demands
- Act on Research Leadership Team members' behalf with electronic communication
- Prepare timely expense reports using Concur and may also coordinate both domestic and worldwide travel plans including expense reporting and reimbursement and reviewing and obtaining travel Visas as required
- Collaborate with other Executive Assistants (both inside and outside of Vir) to coordinate calendars, requests, and events
- Coordinate shared workspace for conferences and meeting rooms (zoom meeting room experience a plus)
- Prepare communications with and documents for external collaborators
- Provide secondary support to the team members across various departments
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous pharma/ biotech industry experience desired
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to continuously shift focus and priorities under pressure to meet deadlines and other expectations
- Ability to work independently, while keeping all concerned parties informed
- Committed to job and team; available after hours and on weekends by e-mail and phone, as needed.
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Confidence working with senior executives, key opinion leaders and dignitaries
- B.S./B.A. preferred
- 5+ years' experience required
Vir's compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person's experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other Vir benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, non-accrual paid time off, one Friday a month paid-time off, company shut down for holidays, commuter benefits, child care reimbursement, education reimbursement, 401K match and lunch for all lab essential personnel!
Vir is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request accommodation.
Vir Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.