Vir is a clinical-stage immunology company with a compelling mission: "A World Without Infectious Disease". We are focused on combining immunologic insights with cutting-edge technologies. We have assembled four technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and enhance the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Our current development pipeline consists of product candidates targeting COVID-19, hepatitis B virus, influenza A and human immunodeficiency virus.
We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our Mission. We have an ongoing commitment to creating a company passionate about equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and encouraged to give at their best, we will collectively deliver outstanding results.
Vir Biotechnology is seeking an experienced Executive Assistant for our amazing team! This position will report to the VP, Virology and will support Vir's growing Research Department.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES:
- Heavy calendaring including accommodating scheduling conflicts and last-minute changes.
- Proactively prioritize conflicting needs and competing demands of several very active calendars within a variety of time zones.
- Provide administrative support to senior Research team members by providing updates, preparing for upcoming meetings, and supporting a variety of tasks with multiple priorities.
- Act on Research Leadership Team members' behalf with electronic communication.
- Provide secondary administrative support to team members across various departments as needed.
- Prepare expense reports and reimbursement through Concur, coordinate both domestic and international travel arrangements and manage procurement of travel visa's.
- Collaborate with other Executive Assistants internally and externally to coordinate calendars, requests, and events.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience within pharma/ biotech industry is desired.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to consistently shift focus and reprioritize tasks within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently, be committed to the role and team and be available after hours and/or on weekends if needed.
- Solid experience handling heavy calendaring with multiple scheduling priorities, coordinating and setting up meetings, and ensuring Executives are at planned activities on time.
- Experience coordinating shared workspaces/meeting rooms for conferences and knowledge of ZOOM video conferencing is a plus.
- Minimum B.S./B.A.
- 8-10 years of experience supporting a large team and C Suite Executives within a fast-paced environment.
Vir's compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person's experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other Vir benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, non-accrual paid time off, one Friday a month paid-time off, company shut down for holidays, commuter benefits, child care reimbursement, education reimbursement, 401K match and lunch for all lab essential personnel!
Vir is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request accommodation.
Vir Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.