Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
With over 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for hypertension and thrombotic disorders, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with a Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo research and development is primarily focused on bringing forth novel therapies in oncology, including immuno-oncology, with additional focus on new horizon areas, such as pain management, neurodegenerative diseases, heart and kidney diseases, and other rare diseases.
This position sets the strategic direction and oversees the tactical implementation of the field-based Medical team. The position has ultimate leadership responsibility over multiple teams of Medical Liaison and Health Outcomes Liaison staff. The Executive Director must strategically align as well as effectively collaborate with Medical Research and Strategy, HEOR, Medical Information and Education, Clinical Development, the commercial organization, other Daiichi Sankyo headquarters stakeholders and with alliance partners to effectively and compliantly support Daiichi Sankyo scientific goals and efforts.
- Oversee and assume responsibility for the strategic direction, planning, timely implementation, and objective based tracking of all activities of the field-based Medical organization to ensure full and appropriate utilization of the group as well as alignment with overall Medical Affairs strategy.
- Through collaboration with Medical Research and Strategy, Global Medical Affairs, Clinical Development and Clinical Development Operations, ensure that the Field Medical team serves as a point of contact regarding our investigational products and pipeline for the scientific community, including clinical trial investigators.
- Coordinate with commercial leaders, including Marketing, Sales, Commercial Training and the National and Regional Account Market Access teams to ensure that Field Medical activities interact smoothly, productively and synergistically with all other commercial functions in order to provide effective scientific exchange and a coordinated experience to external stakeholders in a compliant manner.
- Develop, implement and oversee effective processes and standards of practice for field Medical, to identify and document insights and scientific opportunities, and forward them to the appropriate functions within Daiichi Sankyo, to leverage the information.
- In conjunction with Legal, Compliance, US Medical Affairs leadership and commercial leadership maintain appropriate policies and ensure that the activities of the field-based organization comply with all regulations, governing laws and Daiichi Sankyo policies.
- Ensure optimal coordination of field-based scientific communication and effort with alliance partner(s) to meet contractual agreement(s).
- Oversee and effectively manage Field Medical operations including staffing needs, training, annual operating plan and budget for management of the Field Medical Liaison organization.
Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- PharmD, PhD or MD degree
- Minimum of 12 years overall experience in pharmaceutical/ clinical / research/ academic medicine with a minimum of 7 years of pharmaceutical industry experience; leadership experience managing field-based scientific staff is required.
Preferred experience includes: Proven track record of working successfully with cross-functional teams to achieve goals. Significant pharmaceutical oncology experience, preferably across all stages of the product lifecycle, including accelerated filings. Demonstrated track record of leading field medical teams in support of early and late-stage clinical trials. Experience overseeing multiple teams and successful leadership of moderate to large size organizations (50-100 persons)
Ability to travel up to 35%
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.