Our IT team operates as a business partner proposing ideas and innovative solutions that enable new organizational capabilities. We collaborate internationally to deliver the services and solutions that help everyone to be more productive and enable innovation.
Executive IT Support – Specialist, Service Delivery/Management
Our Global End User Services team operates as a business partner proposing ideas and innovative solutions that enable new organizational capabilities. We are seeking energetic, forward-thinking professionals to join our Information Technology group in NJ/PA. As part of that team, you will have the opportunity to work with global teams to identify and tackle the biggest opportunities and challenges at the intersection of healthcare, information and technology. Overall, our Executive Support Program (ESP) offers technology professionals incredible opportunities to learn from others across the globe, to challenge themselves, and to enjoy a reward that technology careers don’t often bring; the satisfaction of helping to save lives.
The Senior Specialist will be part of a high-performing global team responsible for managing the stability and proactive maintenance our company's 750 executives. As a member of the Executive Support team, the successful candidate will be responsible for collaborating internationally to deliver the services and solutions that help our Executives to be more productive and enable innovation.
This position is a technical position with people leadership and service delivery management.
The primary responsibility is:
- To help lead the Global End User Services, Executive Support Program which provides 24x7 technical support and services for the Executive Committee (EC), their direct reports and other high-profile clients in a manner that is above all standards.
- To demonstrate strong business and customer service knowledge, ability to learn quickly and build effective relationships to effectively support the business; strong verbal and written communication and be able to make quick decisions to ensure continuity and service.
- Will need to rely on a network of team members across IT and via several vendor relationships to ensure the ESP clients get immediate answers and resolutions.
- To act as a liaison between all others in IT and the ESP clients to ensure use of technology and awareness of key IT strategies and initiatives.
- Deployment and configuration of standard desktops, laptops and mobile devices.
- Collaboration with Managed Print organization to provide printing services to our company's Executives.
- Provide remote office support for ESP Clients including home office equipment, internet access and security systems.
- Provide onsite meeting support where applicable as well as board level support when needed.
- Must have top notch customer service skills and be willing to put the customer first in all scenarios.
- Will collaborate within a team of 8-10 employees as well as a global network of support vendors and contractors to provide the highest level of customer service.
- Must have demonstrated experience and ability to coordinate and manage off-site meetings and work independently while off-site.
- Must understand the process of providing support at a location not owned by our company including planning and execution.
- Must be able to assist executives with preparation of presentation which requires advanced MS PowerPoint skills.
- Must have the ability to think ahead and anticipate needs and/or issues/problems that may arise to mitigate any technical risks.
- Must have a clean history of ethical, honest and professional behavior and understands discrete handling of confidential company information.
- Will need to provide end-to-end computing support for our company's Corporate Aviation department.
- Activities include creating and maintaining confidential client information and solution knowledgebase articles and documentation.
- Must provide technical consulting services as required, the candidate must have strong public speaking, presentation, training and communication skills.
- Must be able to conduct 1-on-1 training for the executives and their admins.
- Will be expected to establish and maintain working relationships within Technical Services and across all the departments within the IT organization.
- Will provide mentoring to other members of the team.
- He/she will be able to perform activities such as facilitating meetings, manage resources and support activities, escalation of executive related issues to IT senior leaders and to provide technical and operational leadership to the team.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience and/or Technical Certifications
Required Experience and Skills:
- A minimum 5 years of customer service and client technology support experience.
- Mobile device administration, core and optional software layers.
- Exceptional customer service skills are required and a demonstrated record of customer focus
- Possess highest standards of Ethics, Integrity, Compliance and Financial Stewardship
- Highly effective written and oral communications skills with the ability to communicate with peers, customers, and management.
- Experience with people leadership, team building and collaborating with others
- Ability to demonstrate technical resourcefulness and ability to make timely decisions
- Ability to handle stress and pressure with grace.
- Must have exceptional troubleshooting and technical skills.
- Knowledge of ITIL framework and standard SDLC processes.
- Working knowledge of global network, information security and collaboration tools. (ie: Cisco, MS Office 365, Windows 10, MacAfee)
- Familiarity with project management
- BS/BA in Computer Science or Engineering preferred
- Understand & demonstrated leadership working in a global IT computing environment including standard hardware, software
- Experience managing a direct team of employees and
Our Support Functions deliver services and makes recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the experience of working at our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: