Requisition ID: ADM010263
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck's Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a "patient first, profits later" ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Merck's growing Global Vaccines Organization in a position providing direct administrative assistance to three Executive Directors with responsibility for International Commercial and Alliance Operations, Public Health Partnerships, and Global Tender Management.
This role oversees the administrative coordination and execution required for senior leadership. The position works as part of team which supports a fast-paced and dynamic global business environment. We are seeking candidates who are proactive and act with a sense of urgency, thrive in complexity, demonstrate resilience, and model the highest caliber of values and standards.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with administrative peers who support leaders and other key stakeholders that partner with Merck vaccines and/or who are supporting broader Global Marketing & International Commercial Operations (GM&ICO) and Public Health & Engagement (PHE) teams
- Coordinate meetings, teleconferences and events with external (non-Merck) individuals, based in multiple time zones, while maintaining strict confidentiality of Merck IP, sensitive information, know-how, trade secrets, etc.
- Prepare expense reports, purchase orders and payment requests in SAP - ensuring compliance to Merck expense management guidelines
- Schedule frequent and complex, multi-leg international travel requiring visas
- Coordinates large and often complex offsite meetings involving both internal and external participants
- Coordinates site visits from visitors, partners, vendors, etc.
- Supports the administration and use of multiple Team Sites
- General Clerical duties constitute approximately 20% of job responsibilities.
- Produces/completes various work assignments requiring analytical ability, independent judgment, creativity and problem-solving skills.
- May coordinate special projects and/or other responsibilities as assigned
Travel Required: No
- Required: High School Diploma
- Preferred: Advanced education or certifications such as (e.g. Certified Administrative Professional, Project Management Professional Certification, Professional in Human Resources Certification, Bachelor's Degree, etc.)
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of (8) years Administrative Assistant experience
- Minimum of (5) years Administrative experience simultaneously supporting multiple Executive level / Senior level positions.
- Advanced computer skills using (MS Office 365, Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point) and operation of other systems
- Experience processing expense reports, purchase orders, payment Requests, vendor add forms, as well as run reports within expense management systems
- Demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize many simultaneous assignments
Preferred / Helpful:
- 10 or more years administrative experience supporting senior executives
- Prior experience supporting multiple Executive Director Level (or equivalent) leaders
- Demonstrated experience scheduling and coordinating frequent and complex, multi-leg domestic and international travel
- Experience managing cultural diversity in a business setting
- Experience with Yammer, LinkedIn and/or other social media platforms
- Experience working with a global mindset
- Experience processing visa / passport applications
- SAP experience
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Job: Administrative Svcs Generic
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: None
Company Trade Name: Merck