Requisition ID: FAC000451
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that's committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
The Facilities Specialist is responsible for the client interface between the IFM provider and Merck. This individual will be responsible for understanding all requested work and creating the scope of work for client approval, prior to turning over to JLL. This person will ensure there is funding in the current fiscal year. This position will liaise with JLL to ensure required resources are identified, planned, estimated, organized and scheduled prior to execution for efficient utilization of resources. This position will need to work closely with other functions in the business to support business goals. In addition, this individual will have responsibility to ensure applicable business information/work order data is stored and maintained to support business decisions when needed.
- Ensure all work requests are aligned with site master plan and are appropriately funded before any work is executed by JLL.
- Create annual facility project programs for lighting, interior/exterior painting, roof replacements, asphalt (including striping and walkways on asphalt, concrete replacement, office renovations, infrastructure improvements, etc.
- Weekly audits of job sites for work order planning clarification
- Weekly reviews with JLL Facility Managers of on-going and planned work.
- Responsible for all JLL Communications to the site
- Attend various tier meetings with IPTs and JLL
- Coordinates with client representatives to understand their needs and to ensure the work schedule takes account of the downtime windows negotiated with clients
- Manage various site programs, e.g. shredder bins, bike share, trash removal, recycling, etc.
- Perform regularly scheduled site audits of JLL responsible areas, landscape, janitorial, etc.
- Ensure all work executed by JLL is aligned with Merck GSE Standards and Engineering Guidelines.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- BS/BA in Facility Management, Engineering or related field
Required Experience and Skills:
- 3-5 years' experience in maintenance/operations of facilities or utilities with applicable skilled trade requirements
- Minimum 2 years' experience implementing maintenance repair activities in a process and building services environment
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills are required.
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to interact with all levels of the organization and outside contractors, architects, and engineers
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- CFM and PMP Certifications
- GMP experience
- Experience in sterile pharmaceuticals, vaccines or biologics
- Knowledge of SAP
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Facilities Management Engineering
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: Yes
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Harrisonburg
Nearest Secondary Market: Virginia