About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, we want to make a difference. For nearly 100 years, we have led the way in diabetes care. Being part of Novo Nordisk allows our employees to embark on life-changing careers, and the opportunity to help improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world.
In Clayton, NC, we now operate two adjacent pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities that are responsible for fulfilling different steps in our injectable and oral treatment supply chains.
Our Clayton, NC Injectable Finished Products (IFP) facility is a 457,000 square foot aseptic "fill and finish" site that is responsible for producing innovative, injectable diabetes and obesity treatments. When you work at IFP, you’ll join a global network of manufacturing professionals focused on several key, final production processes, including sterile formulation, filling, inspection, device assembly and packaging.
At IFP, our employees are passionate about what they do, knowing their work makes a difference to millions of people who rely on our products every day. After all, producing medicines is a special responsibility.
Join Team Novo Nordisk and help us make what matters.
Filling of insulin & media preparations under aseptic conditions & operation of inspection equipment in order to achieve production goals.
- Operate, monitor & control equipment, systems & processes associated with Vial/Cartridge filling & inspection lines
- Achieve production goals
- Maintain aseptic areas & perform sanitizations & environmental monitoring
- Actively participate in & support event response
- Review & author SOP’s & other documents, as required
- Assist during equipment maintenance, including restoration of lost function, predictive & preventative maintenance
- Train fellow employees in areas of expertise & aggressively learn systems & equipment outside of own area of expertise
- Record/review production data in BPR’s & associated forms
- Follow all safety & environmental requirements in the performance of duties
- Other accountabilities, as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required (AAS degree in related field preferred)
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in manufacturing industry, FDA regulated preferred
- BioWorks certification
- Aseptic processing experience
- Ability to read, write & understand complicated product documentation & standard operating procedures with attention to detail
- Computer literacy
- Proven expertise in planning/organizing, managing execution, checking results & revising work plans
Physical & Other Requirements
- Ability to move equipment and/or supplies weighing up to 50 pounds within the facility using various body positions
- Routinely operates & inspects manufacturing equipment using hands
- Ability to be on feet for up to a 12-hour shift
- Corrected vision to 20/30
- Occasionally ascends/descends a ladder to service equipment; ability to work atop elevated positions
- Occasionally works around odorous and/or hazardous materials. May be required to wear latex gloves
- Occasionally positions self within confined spaces for inspection, repair & maintenance of equipment
- Ability to work in loud noise environments with hearing protection
- Ability to attain clean room gowning certification & work with hazardous materials including sanitants
- Frequent bending, stooping & prolonged working overhead
- Ability to work the hours necessary to support a 24/7 continuous manufacturing operation
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
Novo Nordisk requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Novo Nordisk will consider requests for reasonable accommodation.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.