Kyowa Kirin have an excellent Finance Assistant opportunity available at our Head Office in Galashiels, Scottish Borders.
This role offers an exciting chance to join an innovative pharmaceutical company during an exceptional period of growth and development.
This role will provide hands-on transactional support to the Finance Function:
- Input and analyse financial transaction data:
- Check and input incoming invoices
- Ensure invoices are properly authorised and coded
- Query any discrepancies
- Prepare accruals
- Maintain files and records
- Take responsibility for the operation and management of the local bank accounts:
- Perform Bank / Cashbook input and reconciliation:
- Pay suppliers and send remittances
- Ensure all bank account movements are entered accurately and reconciled timeously
- Produce month end working papers file:
- Sales Ledger reconciliation
- Pre-Payments, release entries and reconcile
- Purchase Ledger reconciliation
- Intercompany reconciliation and agree to all other subsidiaries
- Management accounts
- Assist with the production of periodic reporting and analysis
- Perform ad-hoc administrative support for IT and Finance teams, including:
- Arranging travel (including flights, etc) and accommodation
- Organising meetings (catering, projectors, teleconferencing, etc)
- Raising purchase orders for the IT team
- Administer the post (in-coming and out-going) for the teams
- Administer the petty cash for head office across all currencies and reconcile on a monthly basis
This position would suit an individual with excellent administrative and organisational skills who has strong attention to detail and a methodical approach to their work.
Proven experience in a transactional finance position would be advantageous.
To be successful in this position you will require the following:
- Ability to work efficiently and autonomously and within a team environment
- Good communication skills - written, verbal and presentational
- Accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Strong IT skills and abilities, including Excel & Word
- Experience using Finance software package, Microsoft Dynamics knowledge desirable
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
You will be based at our Head Office in Galashiels, Scottish Borders.
Our recently renovated office provides a bright and spacious working environment.
Kyowa Kirin International is going through an exceptional time. With our imminent rare disease product launches and further new product development combined with excellent international growth rates, we are providing a great platform for today and our future.
The strength behind our success and future opportunities are our highly committed and skilled staff, supported by our parent company Kyowa Hakko Kirin - a Japanese Specialty Pharmaceutical company, whose substantial reinvestment into R&D is creating products at both early and late stage development. This prosperous time at Kyowa Kirin includes developing new teams, new departments and moving into exciting new areas.
Kyowa Kirin International is an equal opportunities employer.