Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The General Manager for Jazz Incubator Markets will build and work with a small, dynamic team to realize the potential of the evolving Jazz portfolio across the Incubator Markets (Switzerland, Poland & Netherlands). With a focus on our Haematology/Oncology medicines, this role will ensure that we build an enduring and dynamic biopharmaceutical company which commercializes products to meet unmet patient needs in focused areas for the Incubator Markets. This leader will set the tone and role-model to ensure that everything we do is focused on three things: putting patients first, being a great place to work, and living our shared values.
- Accountable for the build-out and growth of the Jazz Incubator business and establish Jazz Pharma as a key player in our areas of disease focus within Switzerland, Netherlands & Poland.
- Responsible for leading the Jazz Pharma organization in the Incubator Markets through the creation of customer, market access (pricing and reimbursement), Marketing, Sales and Medical Affairs strategies for the current and future Jazz Portfolio
- Accountable for development of Incubator Market Operational Expenditure and resource deployment and responsible for financial management within agreed Operational Budgets
- Lead the tactical implementation on business plan through effective cross-functional collaboration
- Be accountable for the Market Access and Sales performance in the Incubator Markets
- Ensure excellence in business planning and effective monitoring of business performance through appropriate use of relevant analytics and metrics to monitor progress and continuously improve performance at National, Regional and Account level
- To lead personally on strategic initiatives with recommended stakeholders and represent Jazz at key events
- Ensure all business is conducted in compliance with internal policies and external regulations
- Identify & propose organizational design to support the growth & development of the Incubator markets
- Anticipate market trends, opportunities and challenges to enable appropriate uptake and share of the Jazz product portfolio across the Incubator Markets
- Identify and propose opportunities to expand sales with existing portfolio and identify local and Regional Business development opportunities.
- Promote a common vision and ownership of Jazz Pharmaceutical values and culture
- Set the tone for the Incubator Markets teams across all functions: lead by example, exhibiting the Jazz values
- Build the Jazz Incubator Market team and develop the capability of the Incubator Commercial and Medical teams
- Ensure the Jazz team in the Incubator Markets are directed and supported on achieving agreed objectives and functions as a cohesive unit
- Demonstrate, foster and reinforce the Jazz culture within the region in order to support and drive strong performance with a focus on Excellence and Continuous Improvement
- Working within the Incubator and Partner Markets Management Unit, serve as a source of challenge and support for peers and colleagues across the Region and across Jazz
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Significant track record of cross-functional leadership and line management in a pharmaceutical environment - ideally including some start up experience
- Experience at building and developing teams and individuals
- Deep knowledge of Pricing and Reimbursement mechanisms and stakeholders at National, Regional and local level in the Incubator Markets
- Proven track record in delivering locally relevant Market Access and Launch strategies and tactical programs
- Knowledge of Rare and Orphan diseases and track record of successfully leading commercialization in Rare and Orphan disease
- Learning Agility for varied and diverse markets and associated regulatory environments
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Educated to degree in Biological Sciences or equivalent
- Additional Language Skills - German, Dutch or Polish is an advantage
- MBA or equivalent desirable
Description of Physical Demands
- Responsibilities may require working outside of "normal" hours, in order to meet business demands.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.