Our Marketing team is passionate about bringing our medicines and vaccines to our customers around the world. Through digital listening and patient analytics, we are able to understand our customers’ needs and strive to provide solutions to meet them.
We are currently recruiting for a Global Marketing Associate Director role in our Cytomegalovirus (CMV), Antifungal and C diff team. The role will be based in Upper Gwynedd, PA or Kenilworth, NJ.
This position will require outstanding leadership in all areas of product management including market assessment, disease state strategy, product clinical development, business development, product strategy, market development, branding, market segmentation, product positioning, thought leader engagement, promotion, channel strategies, pricing, market access, reimbursement, competitive dynamics, issues management, forecasting, opportunity valuations, resource requirements, and overall flawless launch execution. This candidate will develop and execute business plans through marketing strategies, goals, and tactics. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work effectively with cross-functional partners including research and development, medical affairs, regulatory affairs, manufacturing, Business Development & Licensing (BD&L), market analytics, field sales organization, international and domestic operations, legal, scientific communications, professional education, training and development, health care compliance to successfully navigate the internal and external environments and deliver value to our customers.
- Provides commercial leadership and input in various settings such as commercial lead on product development team, target product profile development, health authority interactions, global regulatory filing strategy, launch readiness reviews, organized customer interactions, market research, demand, revenue, and P&L forecasting, Business Development & Licensing activities, and agency partner management.
- Responsible for maximizing payer and physician acceptance, market penetration, profitability, and new indication readiness in the Solid Organ Transplant.
- Accountable for product promotion, key customer management, sales training, pricing, and reimbursement.
- Provides direction, support, and expertise to country marketing and sales organizations as well as distribution channels for the product line.
Education Minimum Requirements:
- BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing or related field.
- MD, PhD, PharmD or MBA (Preferred).
Required Experience and Skills:
- 5+ pharmaceutical industry experience.
- 3+ years of marketing experience.
- Proven ability to work in a matrixed organization with multiple stakeholders including external partners.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Strong business acumen.
- Strong desire and ability to quickly learn new categories and science.
- Non-traditional creative thinker with a focus on problem solving and action.
- Success in ambiguous and taxing situations.
- Strong knowledge of digital trends and social media technologies that will drive digital.
- Demonstration of challenging traditional thinking to execute new innovative approaches.
- Ability to work effectively across teams.
- Self-motivated; hands-on approach to work.
- Communicates proactively and effectively.
- Bias towards speed and agility.
- Strong collaboration.
Our Human Health Division maintains a “patient first, profits later” ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.
Who we are …
We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: