Requisition ID: GLO001365
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck's Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a "patient first, profits later" ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
We are presently recruiting for a Global Marketing Director for Lynparza. The product is currently approved for use in the treatment of platinum sensitive recurrent Ovarian Cancer (OC) regardless of BRCA status and in metastatic Breast Cancer. However, the product is currently in an exciting phase, with multiple future indications that are being sought, including in Prostate Cancer and Pancreatic indications. The position will be based in Kenilworth, NJ.
This position will require outstanding leadership in Global Product Strategy, as well as Product Launch & Management. This experienced marketer's role will initially focus on co-execution of the full strategy for the assigned indication as it expands worldwide, as well as jointly preparing for future lifecycle opportunities with our alliance partner, Astra Zeneca (AZ)
As part of the Merck/AZ Alliance for Lynparza, the individual in this role will partner with
1) AZ counterparts
2) cross functional colleagues and
3) regions + top markets on key aspects of global marketing, including the following responsibilities:
- Establish and foster strong working relationships with alliance partner AZ
- Plan and execute worldwide launch & execution; launch readiness management and tracking globally and regionally
- Jointly prepare the global market for the introduction of new indications
- Contribute to brand and diagnostic strategy, pricing & reimbursement planning
- Tactical Planning & Execution (e.g., Advisory Boards, Congress Planning. Scientific Platform development, Medical Education programs, Patient Engagement, Diagnostic testing roll out)
- Medical and HEOR Publication Planning
- Organized customer engagement strategy and scientific expert leader engagement
- Detailed competition tracking to inform planning assumptions, strategy and positioning
- Development of competitive response planning
- Creation & implementation of internal/external communication plans & "working together" processes within the Alliance
- Participate in global/regional alliance operating models
- Routinely present to & seek endorsement from governing Joint Commercialization Committee
- Key Capabilities:
- Demonstrated ability to work to solutions within complex organizations and markets, joint ventures and leading sub teams in support of key marketing strategy areas.
- Successfully navigate the internal Alliance structure and external environments and deliver value to our customers.
- Effective leader with proven ability to create brand plans that generate both revenue and
- operating income.
- Work effectively with cross-functional partners including research and development, medical affairs, regulatory affairs, manufacturing, HEOR, BD&L, market analytics, field sales organization, international and domestic operations, legal, scientific communications, professional education, training and development, health care compliance, etc.
- Provides commercial input to Alliance Partner on all aspects of commercialization, including product development team, target product profile development, global regulatory filing strategy, launch readiness reviews, organized customer interactions, market research, competitive intelligence, demand, revenue forecasts, BD&L activities, and agency partner management.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Minimum of BA/BS.
- Master's Degree or MBA Preferred
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of (8) years Pharmaceutical Business experience
- Minimum of (5) years Oncology experience.
- Prior experience in US country marketing
- Prior experience in GU cancers, including Prostate
- Strong interpersonal/negotiation skills, relationship management skills & ability to influence from within and across dual organizations are a must.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in development of disease state and product strategy, product positioning, and brand marketing. Strong leadership, problem solving, teamwork, analytical, written/verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Experience with collaborations, influencing without authority and working successfully with cross-functional teams.
- Results oriented; Ability to operate and make decisions within situations of ambiguity
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Joint Commercial Venture/Commercial Alliance experience
- Sales or Country/Global Marketing experience.
- Product/Indication Launch experience.
- Knowledge of Ovarian or Breast cancers; familiarity with data & scientific leaders in this area.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Global Marketing ONC
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark