Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Global Medical Director for Oncology will be a key player on Jazz's Global Medical Affairs (GMA) team and report directly to Global Medical Director for H/O. The Oncology Global Medical Director will be accountable for developing the annual and long range Global Medical Plan. He or she will ensure strategies, tactics and materials are aligned to the Global Molecule Team's objectives and can be adapted and executed by the regions. As such, this individual must embody strong communication skills and can effectively partner with both global and regional colleagues and counterparts across functions. The Oncology Global Medical Director will be an active member of key cross-functional matrix teams at Jazz (e.g. Global Molecule Team and Commercial Development Team) and use his or her subject matter expertise to support molecule related decisions and provide a holistic view of the GMA strategy for the molecule. Therefore, this individual must be highly collaborative and able to excel in global, cross-functional matrix team settings.
- Develop annual and long range Global Medical Plan for assigned product/s
- Develop data generation plans (ISTs & Ph IV) in alignment with the Global Molecule Team (GMT) objectives
- Develop core scientific platform, which should encompass clinical attributes and role in addressing unmet medical needs
- Craft communication strategy and high-level communication plan
- Maintain strong scientific knowledge of current competitive landscape and future product entries
- Drive medical communications core materials at the product level (e.g. Core Product and Disease Training, Sponsored Study Slide decks) to be disseminated and adapted by the regions
- Responsible for developing and executing Medical Affairs pre-approval strategy
- Shape market for Phase III products by developing both core and scientific messages
- Engage early in molecule development to ensure needs are met in Phase III and Phase IV data generation plans
- Member of the GMT, Development Core Team, and other key matrix teams
- Represent voice of Medical in the GMT and provide a holistic view of Medical Affairs strategy for molecule
- Considered an expert in specific molecule area and can harness global insights to develop a holistic perspective for the Oncology GMA plan
- Develop metrics and KPIs to track success of the communication strategy and plan
- Work with Commercial Development Team to develop plans and materials to ensure a successful product launch
- Doctorate degree required. MD degree preferred.
- Clinical experience in Oncology highly desired.
- Previous (> 10 years) medical affairs or clinical development experience in Oncology highly desired.
- High degree of professionalism, integrity and collaboration required.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with post marketing Phase IV preferred.
- Experience with strategic and tactical planning for pipeline and marketed product preferred.
- Strong leadership, team building, negotiation and ability to execute a must.
- Ability to travel Required
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.