Requisition ID: MED004088
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world's premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we're doubling down on this goal. Merck Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take Merck's leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
US and Global Medical Information - ONCOLOGY
- Identify relevant scientific information to help develop Medical Information deliverables that meet customer's needs. Contribute to the creation and maintenance of comprehensive and accurate standard response documents with guidance from GMI Senior Scientist/Scientific Director. Respond to unsolicited professional information requests from healthcare providers in writing and/or verbally with guidance from GMI Senior Scientist/Scientific Director based on complexity.
Scientific Review of US and Global Promotional Materials - ONCOLOGY
- As a member of a cross-functional US and Global Promotional Review Team, collaborate with GMI Senior Scientist/Scientific Director based on complexity of the review of promotional materials from internal GHH teams and external partners, to help ensure a balanced presentation of scientifically accurate, relevant content that is consistent with all applicable company policies, local regulations, and department SOPs.
Medical Education and Training - ONCOLOGY
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to determine educational objective of training materials and identify training gaps. Contribute to the development/creation and delivery of scientific training materials to the MNSC, Sales Representatives, and USMA/OGMA field based employees with guidance from the GMI Senior Scientist/Scientific Director.
- The GMI Scientist, in collaboration with GMI Senior Scientist/Scientific Director, helps to explain scientific information and works with GMI Oncology Team to support business needs.
- The GMI Scientist makes decisions within guidelines and policies which impact a range of routine client/customer, operational, and project activities.
- The GMI Scientist, with their advanced scientific background, brings a new perspective to existing problems and helps find solutions.
- The GMI Scientist, with their advanced scientific background, is a resource within their therapeutic area for the global core functions of Medical information, Promotional Review, Medical Education/Training.
- The GMI Scientist aspires and has potential to manage and prioritize the global core functions of Medical Information, Promotional Review, and Medical Education/Training to meet internal/external customer needs.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- PharmD or PhD degree and a minimum of 3 years of Medical Information experience
- Master's degree in Life Science and a minimum of 5 years of Medical Information experience
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Deep experience in Medical Information and Therapeutic Area experience in Oncology.
- Strong medical writing, communication, and medical presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Medical Affairs Generic
Other Locations: Kenilworth, NJ, US
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 5
Shift (if applicable): N/A
Hazardous Materials: none
Company Trade Name: Merck