Global Program Lead (GPL)
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
Title: Global Program Lead (GPL), CombiPlex
Summary: The Global Program Lead (GPL) is a critical role in the organization that has a significant impact to optimize the value of the proprietary CombiPlex® technology platform by generating and progressing an enduring pipeline of exploratory candidates. The GPL is accountable to the Portfolio Governance Committee (PGC) and the Operations Executive Committee (OEC) for the establishment and execution of an overall global platform strategy, in addition to a global strategy for individual exploratory candidates which integrates scientific rationale, clinical development, regulatory and CMC strategy, and a franchise plan that optimizes value of the asset and is aligned with corporate business objectives. The GPL provides strategic leadership to the Global Technology Team (GTT), and Global Molecule Team (GMT) if required, and partners with functional area leaders to ensure that the team has necessary resources (per the operating plan) and capabilities to execute on the approved global strategies.
Preferred qualifications for this position include being a strong executive with superior cross-functional collaboration skills, highly effective influencing skills and the ability to operate across multiple geographies. Success in this critical role will provide the opportunity for significant professional growth.
- Serve as the leader of the cross-functional GTT/GMT with accountability for the overall platform strategy including the pipeline of exploratory candidates
- Collaborate with functional heads in the selection of key GTT/GMT members
- Establish a vision, core strategy, and lifecycle plan for the platform and individual exploratory candidates that are aligned with corporate business objectives
- Drive team effectiveness by setting clear expectations for team and team member's roles and responsibilities, promoting team cohesiveness to optimize performance, and mediating conflict resolution
- Mobilize and align the organization to execute on the approved platform and exploratory candidate strategies
- Leverage input from all critical functions to identify and evaluate strategic opportunities that maximize the value of the platform and exploratory candidates through optimal balance of risk, timelines, cost and revenues
- Lead and facilitate the Long Range Plan (LRP) process resulting in deliverables of articulate strategies and plans that align with Jazz mission and approach
- Make recommendations to the PGC and to the OEC to maximize the value of the platform and exploratory candidates over its entire lifecycle (as captured in the Annual Lifecycle Plan, Product Development Plans, Corporate or Therapeutic Area Strategic Plans)
- Identify what decisions are at the platform, candidate, portfolio, functional or geographical levels
- Summarize and communicate key updates, issues, considerations and decision points to PGC and the OEC and other review/decision-making committees
- Partner with relevant functions to develop effective working relationships internally and
with external key stakeholders (development partners, key opinion leaders, advocacy groups
- Provide performance review input for key positions on the GTT/GMT
- As appropriate, participate in ongoing development and enhancement of cross-functional team structures, processes, systems, other tools and resources
- 12+ years multi-disciplinary experience in the pharma/biotech industry
- Experience as core member of a GTT/GMT (or equivalent cross-functional team) for a sufficient amount of time to have contributed to a significant milestone (i.e. Phase 3 implementation, major regulatory submission, launch)
- Proven experience as successful, decisive leader in a strategic multifunctional environment
- Strong track-record of delivering results through effective team and peer leadership
- Ability to manage complex projects with ambitious milestones in high pressure circumstances
- Experience at managing collaborations, alliances or other relationships through influencing without direct authority
- Proven skills in navigating within a highly-matrixed environment
- Ability to synthesize different points of view to make sound and objective decisions
- Excellent communication skills, including executive presence and strong presentation skills
- Global experience
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.