Requisition ID: MED003976
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world's premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we're doubling down on this goal. Merck Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take Merck's leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
The Senior Specialist, Global Scientific Content (GSC) Scientists, is a headquarters-based role within Global Medical Affairs, responsible for these GSC core functions:
- Actively engage with key stakeholders in the creation and adaptation of the Scientific Platform which provides the framework for the Global Medical Affairs Communication Plans, including GSC Annual Product Plans.
- Develop GSC plans for one on more products aligned with the Annual GMA Plans.
- Engage key stakeholders and incorporate Medical Insights into GSC Annual product plans; lead the development, review, and communication of individual GSC content within GMA.
The Senior Specialist, GSC Scientists, will report directly into the Director, Oncology Team Lead, GSC Scientists.
Scientific Platform and Development of Global Medical Communication Strategies and Annual Plans:
- Shapes and informs the creation and adaptation of the Scientific Platform.
- With guidance from Director, Team Lead/Associate Director, creates, adapts, and prioritizes Annual GSC Product Plan(s) aligned with Scientific Platform and informed through insights and feedback from key internal stakeholders cross-functionally and worldwide.
- Executes GSC Plans that include but are not limited to medical information standard response documents, FAQs, disease and product related slide decks, global congress medical booth materials, and digital/web-based medical content.
Global Scientific Content Development:
- With guidance authors or works with external vendors for the development of GSC content that aligns to Annual GSC plan(s) and Scientific Platform.
- Reviews GSC materials to ensure they are relevant, scientifically accurate, and consistent with cited appropriate scientific literature, internal scientific information, and Company values and standards.
- Ensures appropriate stakeholders are engaged in the development, review, and approval of GSC materials
- Communicates to key stakeholders (e.g. Medical Information) of GSC approved content for approval and adaptation as required by local rules and regulations.
Medical Education and Training:
- Under guidance aligns and coordinates with Learning & Development and GMA/Field Medical organization, to provide training to internal stakeholders on key GSC developed disease and product content.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Advanced Degree (MD, PharmD, PhD) preferred OR
- BS Degree in Pharmacy, MSN, MS degree in Life Sciences + minimum of 3 years Medical Affairs (e.g, Medical Communications, Medical Scientific Liaison) related experience OR
- BS Degree in nursing, or life sciences + minimum 5 years Medical Affairs related experience
Required Experience and Skills:
- Some knowledge of Oncology Therapeutic Area
- Some experience in developing scientific materials or presentations with supporting references
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills
- Organizational and Prioritization skills
- Multi-tasking skills
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Advanced knowledge with Oncology Therapeutic Area
- Experience in developing or communicating scientific data for internal or external use
- Negotiation skills for interaction with cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex organization/environment and have ability to effectively operate in a team-oriented structure as well as by oneself
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Medical Affairs Generic
Other Locations: Upper Gwynedd, PA, US
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): N/A
Hazardous Materials: None
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark