Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
- Partner, collaborate and develop strong relationships with IT, functional and site leaders to understand IT infrastructure needs in support of corporate strategy, corporate objectives and major functional objectives
- Develop an IT infrastructure strategy and global infrastructure operating model (organization, talent, employees, vendors, processes, technologies) that addresses Jazz's business needs, is synergistic with the overall IT strategy and is feasible
- Lead, recruit and develop a global IT staff located in Palo Alto/USA and Dublin/IE
- Develop and maintain 2 year rolling roadmaps that optimally reflect business need priorities, efficient sequencing, resources and funding
- Drive execution of large global programs or portfolio of projects through effective prioritization, planning (objectives, success criteria, scope, timelines, and cost) and oversight
- Manage demand and delivery through internal teams, suppliers and partners through a portfolio of services, projects, operational processes and metrics.
- Partner with IT leaders to develop and maintain an enterprise IT technical architecture that is primarily based on cloud and external services
- Utilize best practices, structured approaches and architecture standards for evaluating, designing and implementing services/solutions to meet requirements for functionality, performance, availability, scalability, security and disaster recovery; proactively manage performance of key vendors and third parties
- Implement policies, procedures, automation and controls for consistent delivery of high availability services in a cost effective manner
- Ensure operational resilience and stability of IT infrastructure services
- Proactively manage capacity, technology life cycle, effectiveness and delivery of key services
- Implement integrated and automated processes that drive operational excellence, be audit ready at all times, sustain knowledge continuity through appropriate level of documentation and cross training
- Partner with counterparts to implement and operationalize controls necessary for security, GxP, SOX and internal policies
- Develop and continuously maintain budgets that align with plans and service levels; proactively improve value over cost ratio
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- 10 plus years of progressively increasing responsibility in IT infrastructure with a minimum of 5 plus years managing overall IT infrastructure and 15 plus years within IT or relevant area
- Critical and structured thinking, business acumen and executive level influence to formulate and obtain broad support for proposed IT strategies, organizational structures, operating model and plans; ability to objectively assess, articulate and constructively debate major strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, risks and considerations for multiple alternatives and incorporate input from other stakeholders
- Extensive and proven operational experience effectively evaluating, designing, implementing and managing 24x7 IT Operations and associated vendors for a global IT infrastructure with major offices in 2 or more continents (preferably US and EU) and greater than 1,000 employees
- Strong working knowledge of architecture and engineering design for cloud based systems (i.e. Amazon Web Services) and on premise systems with the ability to formulate methodologies, standards, policies and processes to meet functional, performance, availability, disaster recovery, security and operational requirements
- Ability to use structured approaches for understanding business needs, defining specifications, building and operating solutions that meet service level targets
- Proven track record and skills to deeply understand vendor service capabilities, assess risks, formulate partnerships/agreements for consistent delivery of high quality services and continuously improve value over cost ratio
- Strong working knowledge and experience of infrastructure processes (e.g. incident, problem, change management) and how to integrate them into an effective insourced and outsourced global operating model
- Passion for service delivery, high availability and operational excellence
- Good working knowledge of Cisco network and communication platforms, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft enterprise platform and Service Now is desired
- Strong financial acumen to establish budgets that are driven by plans, accurately forecast costs, efficiently manage variances and improve service value
- Knowledge of security frameworks, technical design and operational controls is desired
- Proven track record of executing through global teams, managing remote personnel, developing talent and creating high performing teams
- Ability to effectively manage large global deployments of new or enhanced IT end user services using vendors
- Highly collaborative, accountable and results driven
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively to large audiences via email and in person
- Ability to establish strong and productive working relationships at all levels (Admin to CEO)
- Organizational change management experience is a plus
- Experience with the pharmaceutical industry is plus but not a requirement
- Bachelor degree in computer science or related degree
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within an office environment
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes
- Frequent computer use at workstation
- May move from one work location to another occasionally
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of "normal" work hours, in order to meet business demands
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.