Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The position will lead the Strategic Outsourcing function within the Global Clinical Development Operations organization, and be the key liaison between our vendors, finance group and clinical operations. Will also manage a team of professionals that may be located in different locations.
Essential Job Functions:
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Develop, execute and maintain strategic partnerships across our vendor spectrum in areas such as CROs, Imaging, ePRO, IRT and FSP.
- Partner closely with stakeholders in Jazz Research & Development on these relationships
- Partner with senior leaders to establish strategic plans, objectives and portfolio planning estimates.
- Direct and manage the day-to-day financial activities of multiple complex clinical contracts and related finance processes.
- Create and provide budget forecasts to Project Management and Corporate Development.
- Direct and manage the Strategic Outsourcing staff.
- Establish departmental and cross-functional policies and procedures.
- Provide strategic information to Senior Management on contract and finance issues.
- Direct and manage cross-functional stakeholders in vendor bidding and proposal development (RFP creation and analysis)
- With the support of internal customers and the Legal department, directs and manages the contract negotiation process.
- A bachelor's degree in a related field is required (advanced degree preferred)
- Ten or more years of related and escalating experience, to include the supervision of a professional staff.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated an in-depth knowledge of clinical research functions.
- Demonstrated excellent understanding of regulatory and legal issues related to the conduct of clinical trials
- Demonstrated strong negotiation skills
- Some limited travel may be required.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.