About the Department
The Commercial team leads all sales and marketing efforts for Novo Nordisk Inc (NNI’s) robust portfolio, which includes insulins, analogues, GLP1s, devices, Oral Anti Diabetics (OAD), obesity medications, biopharmaceuticals and new products in the pipeline. As part of the team, you will have frontline exposure to our brand and marketing vision, business strategies, launch and lifecycle plans, and critical market insights that drive our business forward. At Novo Nordisk, we are the world leader in diabetes care and a major player in hemostasis management, growth hormone therapy and hormone replacement therapy. We use our skills, dedication and ambition to help people with diabetes, and we’re looking for individuals who want to do the same. In exchange, we offer the chance to be part of a truly global workplace, where passion and engagement are met with opportunities for professional and personal development. Are you ready to realize your potential?
This position represents Novo Nordisk to selected key academic centers, large community hospitals, Endocrinologists, Primary Care, Long-Term Care facilities and other stakeholders within an Integrated Delivery Network (IDN). This position has a goal of maximizing sales and positioning Novo Nordisk as a leader in the diabetes care market, within an assigned IDN. The Health System Diabetes Care Specialist (HSDCS) must achieve sales goals by successfully selling and promoting Novo Nordisk’s portfolio of diabetes products to key physicians, pharmacists, nurses, and other paramedical customers who make or are involved in purchasing, prescribing, and formulary decisions. This position also evaluates and recommends the most appropriate Novo Nordisk products, services and approved usage for the customers’ needs.
Externally, the HSDCS maintains relationships with physicians, pharmacists, nurses, and other key personnel within targeted IDN’s and community advocacy partners. The HSDCS must collaborate and communicate with all other channels of business that support or are impacted by the IDN. Internally, the HSDCS reports to the Health System District Business Manager (HSDBM) of the specific IDN district. The HSDCS also interacts on a regular basis with other field-based and home office employees covering the neighbouring geographic areas.
- Analyze bidding policies/contracts to influence formulary status, as applicable
- Analyze impact of managed care in the territory and its effect on prescribing decisions, and modify sales and promotion strategies
- Build, update, and implement yearly account plans and update periodically to maximize sales results
- Develop and utilize relationships with specialists, key hospital decision-makers, and other individuals who make or influence the purchasing, prescribing, and/or formulary decisions
- Leverage and coordinate internal resources to tailor and deliver value proposition
- Research, understand and tailor account plans based on stakeholders and accounts’ business practices
- Routinely represent Novo Nordisk at academic institutions, diabetes fellowship programs and journal clubs to impact residents and fellows
- Exhibit strong understanding of contracts and ability to discuss economics of hospital and/or group as needed
- Manage and prioritize time and resources efficiently to attain maximum results in the sales territory with limited supervision
- Manage time and tasks to achieve maximum customer effect and sales volume
- Prudently control company property consistent with applicable company policies and procedures and legal obligations
- Inform hospital faculty about the use of Novo Nordisk’s portfolio of products for care of diabetes, including the approved uses and advantages of Novo Nordisk’s products and services for their patients
- Maintain knowledge of the most recent clinical studies to inform customers and address questions, concerns, and objections to the use of Novo Nordisk’s products
- Maintain product knowledge and knowledge of consultative promotion techniques
- Participate in company-sponsored and/or company-approved training programs to constantly improve knowledge of Novo Nordisk’s products, competitive products, and sales and promotional skills
- Understand how products address clinical needs
- Anticipate and respond to customers’ objections, problems, and concerns
- Communicate activity in the territory by completing monthly reports and other reports as appropriate
- Describe and market Novo Nordisk’s portfolio of diabetes products, emphasizing their features, benefits, imperatives, and which products are best suited for specific patient profiles or circumstances
- Establish call continuum working with internal stakeholders regarding all relevant parties assigned to IDN
- Facilitate as appropriate other field force customer engagement as needed
- Notify field sales management of any IDN programs or initiatives that could directly or indirectly effect or impact field sales activity
- Recommend sales and marketing strategies based on evaluation of customer needs, dynamics, trends, and competitors’ products or services
- Sell and promote Novo Nordisk’s portfolio of diabetes products and services with a focus on endocrinologists, primary care physicians, institutions, discharge planners and other key personnel who make or influence at the IDN’s prescribing decisions to include large scale presentations to external customers
- Work with HSDBM to identify and anticipate potential trends, changes to IDN conditions and areas of opportunity and incorporate into the District business plan
Driver must maintain a valid driver’s license. Must be in good standing by not exceeding the Novo Nordisk points threshold assigned based on review of Motor Vehicle Records. 40-50% overnight travel required.
- A bachelor’s degree required from college or university accredited by an organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education, advanced degree preferred
- At least 2 years of pharmaceuticals sales/marketing experience required
- Demonstrated ability to drive sales in multiple business channels
- Demonstrated leadership and decision-making ability
- Expert knowledge of diabetes disease state and Novo Nordisk’s products is needed
- Intermediate computer skills required (Windows, Word, Excel)
- Must be a self-starter and be able to evaluate options and make decisions on your own with minimal supervision
- Prior computer experience using sales data/call reporting software preferred
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer /F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Requisition ID: 59398BR
Job Category: Sales