About the Department
The Commercial team leads all sales and marketing efforts for Novo Nordisk Inc (NNI’s) robust portfolio, which includes insulins, analogues, GLP1s, devices, Oral Anti Diabetics (OAD), obesity medications, biopharmaceuticals and new products in the pipeline. As part of the team, you will have frontline exposure to our brand and marketing vision, business strategies, launch and lifecycle plans, and critical market insights that drive our business forward. At Novo Nordisk, we are the world leader in diabetes care and a major player in hemostasis management, growth hormone therapy and hormone replacement therapy. We use our skills, dedication and ambition to help people with diabetes, and we’re looking for individuals who want to do the same. In exchange, we offer the chance to be part of a truly global workplace, where passion and engagement are met with opportunities for professional and personal development. Are you ready to realize your potential?
To lead diabetes educator teams in the execution of strategies within targeted Integrated Delivery Networks (IDN) accounts. Coordinates closely with the health system account manager (HSAM) and other key account leadership to ensure diabetes educators effectively integrate as part of the health system commercial team focused on establishing Novo Nordisk as the leader in diabetes care and maximizing demand for the NNI diabetes portfolio of products. Manages, trains, and develops direct reports, executing district IDN business plans, and achieving NNI’s commercial goals and deliverables.
Externally, the Health System Diabetes Educator Manager (HSDEM) will maintain relationships with health system account key opinion leaders (KOLs) in coordination with the Health System Account Manager (HSAM) and other NNI account leadership. This will include KOLs and key departments influencing diabetes care (e.g., diabetes centres of excellence, quality, care management, population health, and other key departments focused on improving diabetes management across the system population).
Internally, the HSDEM reports to the Director of Area Health Systems (DAHS) and has direct supervisory responsibility for Health System Diabetes Educators (HSDEs). Works closely with Health Systems Account Managers (HSAMs), Health System District Business Managers, Endocrinology District Business Managers, Regional Business Directors, Market Access, Trade, Medical, and home office personnel to coach their teams and align education pull-through and tactics with health system account plans to achieve sales goals and objectives.
- Coordinate with HSAM to ensure direct reports (diabetes educators) are working with health system accounts to identify “at risk” patient populations and utilize diabetes education following the American Diabetes Association (ADA) Standards of Care and other relevant treatment guidelines to appropriately recommend the most appropriate Novo Nordisk’s products and solutions approved for the customer’s needs
- Ensures direct reports are maximizing opportunities with NNI brand strategies, pull-through and support programs aligned to improve diabetes care
- Aligns with HSAM with respect to approach to health systems strategy, customer objectives and insights
- Ensure team is fully understanding IDN account plans and executing targeted pull-through tactics to achieve account deliverables and objectives
- Continually improve the team’s knowledge of Novo Nordisk products, competitive products, market updates, and customer engagement skills through ongoing coaching and development plans
- Remain up-to-date and competent on policies, standard operating procedures (SOPs), company priorities, relevant business and market updates, Novo Nordisk product labels and competitor products through company sponsored and approved training programs
- Monitor sales performance against strategic account plans, commercial goals and objectives
- Owns the execution of district and educator territory business approach in concert with HSAM account plans and objectives
- Assess diabetes educator account acumen and activities and align educational activities and tactics to address customer needs
- Oversee IDN account relationship development/management. Manage critical account relationships and set account relationship development objectives
- Ensure coordination and alignment of educational programs and initiatives with HSAM, Health System District Business Managers, Endocrinology District Business Managers, District Business Managers and home office
- Oversee regional level coordination between field resources, intra-organization resources and inter-organizational resources
- Regularly communicate commercial performance measures, market updates and insights to ensure teams remain up-to-date
- Develop and monitor performance against regional and district budgets, including reviewing and auditing expense reports
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of administrative requirements
- Ensure teams are competent on NNI product labels, SOPs and other essential job requirements
- Manage district resource allocation and full time employee deployment
70-80% travel – overnights required. Driver must maintain a valid driver’s license. Must be in good standing by not exceeding the Novo Nordisk points threshold assigned based on review of Motor Vehicle Records.
Development of People
- A Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of 5 years' progressive health-care or pharmaceutical industry experience required
- NNI Education Program or other relevant NNI experience preferred
- Prior management and/or team leadership experience preferred
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer /F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Requisition ID: 60337BR
Job Category: Sales