Vir Biotechnology is a commercial-stage immunology company focused on combining immunologic insights with cutting-edge technologies to treat and prevent serious infectious diseases. Vir has assembled four technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and enhance the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Its current development pipeline consists of product candidates targeting COVID-19, hepatitis B virus, influenza A and human immunodeficiency virus. For more information, please visit www.vir.bio .
We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our Mission. We have an ongoing commitment to creating a company passionate about equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and encouraged to give at their best, we will collectively deliver outstanding results.
Vir Biotechnology is seeking a healthcare attorney to join our legal team. This position will report to our head of Healthcare Law and be responsible for providing expert advice to internal clinical development and commercial staff, negotiating and drafting a broad range of clinical supply and study-related agreements, advising on privacy matters on behalf of Vir Biotechnology, and helping to improve our best practices related to Vir's healthcare law function.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES:
- Provide advice on legal business matters pertaining to clinical and commercial law aspects as well as on privacy matters.
- Collaborate and actively foster strong relationships with stakeholders (such as compliance, clinical development, regulatory, manufacturing, commercial, IT, other legal functions) to understand business needs and ensure health care law aligns with those needs
- Advise company on best practices and provide legal updates affecting health care law and related areas, such as, privacy, the EU clinical trials directive, etc.
- Review clinical and commercial contracts and advise organization on appropriate legal action to be taken.
- Coordinate health care law and privacy legal matters handled by outside counsel
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- JD degree and admitted to a US State Bar with membership in good standing (preferably CA)
- 8+ years of experience as an attorney in a pharmaceutical/biotech legal department and/or a law firm supporting pharmaceutical/biotech clients
- Outstanding working knowledge of health care law and privacy rules and regulations
- Global clinical trial and privacy experience is a plus
- Ability to effectively manage outside counsel, when used, and adhere to a budget
- Strong verbal and written skills, and ability to effectively present to and engage with a wide range of internal and external audience
- Excellent negotiation and persuasion skills, both in one-on-one and group settings
Vir's compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person's experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other Vir benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, non-accrual paid time off, one Friday a month paid-time off, company shut down for holidays, commuter benefits, child care reimbursement, education reimbursement, 401K match and lunch for all lab essential personnel!
Vir is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request accommodation.
Vir Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.