About the Department
The BioPharm commercial team leads all US sales and marketing efforts for Novo Nordisk's biopharmaceutical portfolio, which includes innovative products in the hemophilia and growth disorders therapeutic classes and new products in the pipeline. As part of the team, you will have frontline exposure to our brand and marketing vision, business strategies, launch and lifecycle plans, and critical market insights that drive our business forward. At Novo Nordisk, we are the world leader in diabetes care and a major player in hemostasis management, growth hormone therapy and hormone replacement therapy. Within our BioPharm business unit, we use our skills, dedication and ambition to help people with growth and rare bleeding disorders, and we’re looking for individuals who want to do the same. In exchange, we offer the chance to be part of a highly specialized business in a global organization, where passion and engagement are met with opportunities for professional and personal development. Are you ready to realize your potential?
Represents Novo Nordisk, Inc. (NNI) to targeted accounts and thought-leaders in an assigned territory with the goal of maximizing sales and establishing NNI as a leader in the hemophilia marketplace. The Hemophilia Therapy Manager (HTM) must assume responsibility for achieving sales objectives by implementing approved marketing and sales strategies aimed at effectively selling and promoting NNIs hemophilia products to key physicians, nurses, home care companies, social workers, pharmacies, hemophilia/hematology organizations, and other appropriate paramedical customers who make or are involved in purchasing and prescribing decisions. Requires the development of strategically targeted, account-specific business plans that reflect an in-depth understanding of local, regional and national market forces that impact product sales.
Externally, the HTM maintains relationships with physicians, nurses, home care companies, pharmacies, and paramedical customers. Reports to the Hemophilia BioPharmaceuticals Regional Director (HBRD) and interacts with other representatives, medical liaisons, Account Managers and other departments.
- Communicate territory activity by submitting reports in a timely fashion
- Participate in and contribute to marketing and sales meetings, training programs, displays, and conventions
- Partner with Sales/Marketing to detail from and distribute approved sales materials and product information
- Recommend solutions for sales and marketing based on evaluation and comprehension of dynamics, trends, customer needs, and competitor’s products or services
- Record notes of calls that will be useful for future sales calls
- Adhere to minimum normal working hours in the designated territory
- Attend sales meetings, training programs, conventions and displays as directed by management, which may require work/travel on weekends in addition to normal work hours
- Provide input into the design of Regional meetings/conventions; make presentations as necessary
- Develop and implement targeted, account-specific business plans that reflect an in-depth understanding of local, regional and national market forces
- Effectively manage and prioritize time
- Evaluate, identify, and prioritize calls and routes to maximize the opportunity to call on targeted customers
- Manage budget while adhering to company guidelines
- Works independently and creatively, takes initiative, and runs the business with limited supervision
- Anticipate trends and changes in market conditions to identify areas of opportunity
- Participate in company-sponsored and/or company-approved training programs to continuously improve sales and promotional skills, knowledge of currently promoted hemophilia products, and competitive products
- Understand the most recent approved clinical studies to educate customers as well as anticipate and (where appropriate) address customers questions, concerns, and objections
- Call on key opinion leaders and develop early adopters
- Leverage understanding of impact of managed care in the territory and how it affects prescribing decisions. Fine-tune marketing and sales strategies appropriately
- Use personalized communication techniques to build, maintain, and strengthen effective business relationships with physicians and other key decision-makers
- Achieve or exceed assigned sales objectives through effective utilization of all available approved resources, strategies and tactics
- Assess each customer’s needs and increase sales by effective execution and implementation of the approved brand and sales strategy for each customer
- Coordinate and implement educational activities, programs, and special projects to achieve maximum marketing impact
- Examine and respond appropriately to the customer environment
- Determine and deliver appropriate on-label messages to achieve maximum results for each sales call
- Market and educate about the key features of our hemophilia products
- Obtain maximum commitment from customers on every call
- Probe for, anticipate and respond to (where appropriate) customers questions, objections, problems, and concerns
- Use all available approved resources to their fullest effect to appropriately promote and sell our hemophilia products and services
- Evaluate each particular situation and select the appropriate approved resources for maximum impact
50-75% overnight travel required.
- A Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of five (5) years of pharmaceutical/healthcare sales (hemophilia/hemostasis product experience preferred) OR a minimum five (5) years of relevant experience in hemophilia required, of which at least two (2) years are in pharmaceutical sales; hemophilia experience may include hemophilia care, treatment or advocacy
- Expert knowledge of the hemophilia market, preferred
- Ability to facilitate trust and understanding
- An aptitude for learning and communicating technical and scientific product and disease management information required
- Decision-making ability and leadership skills are required
- Intermediate computer skills required (Windows, Word, Excel)
- Must be a self-starter and be able to evaluate options, make decisions, and operate business activities with minimal supervision
- Prior computer experience using sales data/call reporting software preferred
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.