Q2 Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. With a relentless focus on quality and innovation, Q2 Solutions uses its global experience and scientific expertise to transform science and data into actionable medical insights that help customers improve human health. A joint venture of IQVIA (formerly QuintilesIMS) and Quest Diagnostics, Q2 Solutions combines the best of each parent organization's clinical trials laboratory services capabilities to fulfill its mission of treating each sample as if a life depends on it.
- According to policies and procedures, perform routine and non-routine activities involved in the preparation of slides, for microscopic evaluation by pathologist(s). Under general supervision and,
- Secure the slice sample on a slide and use specialized dyes to stain it, bringing out cellular structures and allowing pathologists, or research scientists to identify abnormal cells and monitor cell function.
- Operates and performs routine and non-routine maintenance on histology laboratory equipment (including balances, tissue processors, embedding units, microtomes, cryostat, automatic stainers, automatic coverslippers, automatic cassette and slide labelers, microscopes immunohistochemistry and in situ hybridization autostainers, etc); demonstrates ability to trouble-shoot equipment with minimal supervision.
- Demonstration of mastery of study histologist role by assuming responsibility for studies of higher size or complexity without supervision, including acquiring proficiency in and/or providing training and technical guidance to team members on any needed specialized techniques.
- Ensure compliance with all local, federal, CLIA and CAPA regulations.
- Demonstrates mastery of specialized technical, scientific and/or administrative skills specific to histotechnology.
- Adhere to laboratory's quality control policies, and document all quality control activities and maintain a clean and well-organized work area.
- Maintains proficiency and training requirements.
- Participates in special projects and perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or Associates equivalent with 2 years of relevant previous laboratory and/or Clinical Trials experience OR Equivalent combination of education, training and experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.