Our Sales team support our customers by providing clinical information about products, educational information, clinical training programs and resources. We support healthcare providers and healthcare systems meet the goals of the patients in their communities.
Job Description – Hospital/Institutional Customer Representative
The Hospital / Institutional Customer Representative is a key member of the Hospital Customer Team and plays a critical role in supporting our Company's customer centric business model. He/she is responsible for working with the Hospital Customer Team to understand and identify Health Care Provider (HCP) customer needs, support pull-through activities relative to the customer strategy, and ensure that the company is viewed as demonstrating value and better health outcomes to healthcare professionals and their patients.
The primary activities include:
- Communicates about product in a way that's meaningful and relevant to each individual customer; customizes discussions and client interactions based on understanding of customer's needs
- Engages in informed discussions about products with Health Care Provider customers - knowing when/how to seek and provide additional information
- Within select customer accounts acts as primary point of contact for customer, meet with key customers/personnel to understand practice structure, business model, key influencers Managed Care Organization (MCO), employers, state and local regulations)/network structure, customer needs and identifies business opportunities
- For select customer accounts/Health Care Providers, coordinate with customer team to develop customer strategy - outlining strategy for interactions/ relationship, solutions and potential offerings for customer
- Partners with National Account Executives (NAEs) to maintain strong focus on Managed Care pull-through
- Shares learning and best-practices from one customer to help other customers meet their needs
- Demonstrates a focus on better health outcomes (beyond acquisition, considers the Health Care Provider and patient experience)
- Provides input into resource allocation decisions across customers
- Identifies and selects programs/services available in the library of Company "resources" to address customer needs
- Works with solutions group (Headquarters - HQ) and/or Medical Account Executive (MAE) to develop and deliver relevant offerings that address desired customer needs
- Maintain current understanding of practice structure, business model, key influencers/ network structure and make information available to relevant stakeholders
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with extended "in-scope" customer team to ensure a consistent customer experience across our Company's divisions and functional areas; ensure integration with National Account Executive (NAE), Our Company's Vaccines personnel, Health Management Services (HMS) Manager, Solutions Consultant, Customer Strategies and Solutions (CSS), Regional Medical Director (RMD) and other key stakeholders to share key customer learning and support customer needs
- Outstanding in all competency areas (Account Management; External Market Focus; 1:1 Customer Interactions)
- Influences beyond their specific geography or product area
Territory covers - Dallas, Texas (North)
The ideal location to reside is in the territory.
This position may require 10% regular overnight travel.
For all employees, please initiate a discussion with your manager to review your interest in this opportunity and to determine whether or not it is aligned (readiness/availability) with your Employee Development Plan.
If the successful candidate is an existing Field Sales employee in Levels S2 or S1, he/she will be offered the position at his/her current grade/band level. If a former Field-Sales Customer Team Leader / Business Manager is the successful candidate, he/she will be offered the position at a Level S2.
- Required: BA/BS
- Preferred: MBA/MS
- Prior experience working in a scientific field or healthcare environment
- Previous sales experience
- Prior experience developing new business opportunities with existing customers
- Experience establishing new customer relationships
- Understanding of our products and therapeutic areas
- Consistent performer in most competency areas
- Valid Driver's license
- Prior consulting or customer service experience
- Experience developing and executing a plan for engaging customers and meeting customer needs
- Understanding of Headquarter operations
- Ability to analyze metrics to assess progress against objectives
- Hospital/Institutional Sales experience
Our Human Health Division maintains a “patient first, profits later” ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: