About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, we want to make a difference. For more than 95 years, we have led the way in diabetes care. Being part of Novo Nordisk allows our employees to embark on life-changing careers, and the opportunity to help improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world. Help us bring quality to life. Working at our Diabetes Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (DAPI) manufacturing facility you will help meet the growing demand for our treatments. Novo Nordisk expects to double production of diabetes and obesity drugs over the next decade and are currently building a new 825,000 sq. ft diabetes Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) plant in Clayton, NC next to our existing “fill and finish” manufacturing facility. Our new $2 billion API facility is expected to be operational in 2020, with 700 full-time employees responsible for the fermentation, recovery and purification of insulin and GLP1 ingredients. This once in a life-time career opportunity is ideal for pharmaceutical manufacturing professionals who not only understand the operational complexities of manufacturing but also have the desire and drive to help us build, validate, and run our processes. Here, you will work with the best manufacturing professionals in the industry. Are you ready to make a difference?
Ensure business success, serving one or more senior leadership team domains by linking people strategy & performance, driving HR programs & processes, & coaching managers at all levels. Lead local & corporate organizational & leadership development programs. Champion the Novo Nordisk Way (NN Way).
- Drive organizational ramp up plan within area of responsibility
- Coach site management / Leadership Development
- Help managers & exempt employees develop leadership competencies
- Coaching people managers for quality & execution timeliness for HR processes: current issues & solutions, change management & communications support, talent management, performance appraisals, individual development plan execution, employee opinion survey results plus team development plans, performance interventions, candidate selection, exit interviews & turnover analysis, job description development, new management orientation
- Organizational consulting & future planning
- eVoice employee opinion survey planning & execution
- Other duties: NNWay (modeling & teaching the values), training, promoting diversity, training needs assessment, new employee orientation segments, meeting planning & co-facilitation
- Execute local & corporate HR projects/programs effectively & efficiently
- Follow all safety & environmental requirements in the performance of duties
- Other specialist duties (process championship roles) as assigned to support fellow partners & the business
- BS/BA in Human Resources or related field, MA/MS preferred, or an equivalent combination of education & experience
- PHR or SPHR certification a plus
- Minimum 7 years of relevant HR generalist experience, preferably in a multi-shift manufacturing organization
- Previous management experiences a plus
- Previous experience in ramping up organizations a plus
- General knowledge of relevant employment law, personnel policies & procedures best practices
- Business understanding
- HR IT Systems knowledge & experience
- Competencies: Lives the NNW Values/Essentials, Sets Direction & Strategy, Fosters Innovation & Continuous Improvement, Manages Business Complexity, Inspires & Motivates, Drives Performance, Collaborates Across Boundaries, Coaches & Develop People
- Communications: written, verbal, presentation. Impact & influence
- Analytical skills
- Project management skills
- Lean Manufacturing applications in the workplace
- Change management
- Organizational development programs execution, including performance appraisal, individual development planning, staffing, problem resolution, future planning & organizational development, employee opinion survey response, etc.
- Fluent in English
- Proven expertise in organizing information & people from across the organization to develop & implement policies & programs to promote positive employee relations
- To support core processes to meet or exceed company business goals
- Ability to move throughout the facility to interact with people managers & employees in the normal office & manufacturing environment
- Requires flexibility to work whatever hours are required for execution of duties in a 24/7 operation, including some evenings &/or weekends to meet with shift management & employees
- Overnight travel required on occasion
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.