IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
Information Security Engineer
Information Security Engineer within Information Security organization represents a dynamic opportunity to help the organization in assessing, implementing, and improving information security software, tools, and processes. The candidate will be required to assist in identifying gaps in current security posture, and introduce appropriate security controls to address these gaps.
You will be playing a significant part in our Global Information Security Engineering team and will be coordinating efforts with the Security Architecture and across the Information Security Organization and business units at IQVIA.
You will also find yourself working together with other members of the IQVIA Information Security team, and liaising regularly with other teams at IQVIA, including CIO organization, as well as Global and Regional Business Units. This is an opportunity to join and progress with a forward thinking department.
- Assist with identification of gaps and areas of improvement of current IQVIA security controls
- Evaluate tools, develop use cases, and document effectiveness of new tools and technologies to meet those use cases
- Assist with Information Security Operations incidents as required
- Design, implement and improve IQVIA Information Security controls
- Upon request provide consultative advice ensuring security design for systems aligns with business needs and the company's overall security governance
- Coordinate and execute product evaluations, POCs, technical security controls implementation and operationalization
- Employ risk based approach in control selection and implementation
- Provide input into creating security standards and procedures
- Keep abreast with current security threats, trends and controls
- Engage and work with vendors on projects and current security controls improvement
- Support IQVIA business projects providing Information Security Expertise and knowledge for applicable security controls. Document and maintain designs for the new and/or improved security controls as well as contribute to the documentation and work instructions for the Security Operations personnel
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of information security concepts and best practices, as well as ability to apply these concepts into the business
- Expertise in a system/network administration role supporting multiple platforms and applications
- Design, implement and monitor security controls to protect computer systems, networks and all three aspects of confidentiality, integrity and availability
- Identify and define system security requirements
- Detailed technical knowledge of database, operating system and network security
- Knowledge and experience with three or more of the following technologies and associated processes:
- Next Generation Firewalls
- Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems
- Data Security: Data Classification and Data Loss Prevention
- Endpoint Detection and Response
- Endpoint Protection
- Security information and event management (SIEM) solutions
- Network Access Control
- Cloud Access Security Broker
- Knowledge of Cloud Architecture and Security (AWS, Azure)
- Knowledge of Business Continuity Planning, Disaster Recovery, and High Availability architectures
- Thorough understanding of cryptography
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; Ability to communicate security issues to various audiences
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Deep and wide experience in Information Technology and Information Security
- BSc in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Security, or a related field; MSc preferred but not required
- At least one industry specific certification (CISSP, CISM, CISA, etc.) required
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
Job ID: R1065044