Vir Biotechnology is a commercial-stage immunology company focused on combining immunologic insights with cutting-edge technologies to treat and prevent serious infectious diseases. Vir has assembled four technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and enhance the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Its current development pipeline consists of product candidates targeting COVID-19, hepatitis B virus, influenza A and human immunodeficiency virus. For more information, please visit www.vir.bio .
We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our Mission. We have an ongoing commitment to creating a company passionate about equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and encouraged to give at their best, we will collectively deliver outstanding results.
Vir is seeking an Information Security Engineer for Vir's global information security program. Reporting to the Director, Information Security, you will focus on implementing and monitoring cybersecurity technologies, investigating incidents, and collaborating with IT operations and applications staff on the implementation of security technologies and secure practices. The ideal candidate will have an in-depth background in an area of IT with a more recent specialization in information security.
Vir's IT Department supports staff based in offices and laboratories in the US and Switzerland as well as remote employees. Vir's IT architecture is cloud-first, leveraging a set of integrated SaaS applications to provide a digital workplace for Vir staff.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES:
- Implement and refine security tools and infrastructure
- Act as principal investigator for incident response, forensics, and remediation activities, and review incidents escalated by Vir's Security Operations Center
- Perform configuration reviews of infrastructure and security systems, utilizing industry standard configurations such as CIS
- Continual learning to maintain awareness of potential threats and countermeasures
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience with cloud security operations (GCP, AWS, Azure, O365, GSuite, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience with on-premise network and server infrastructure
- 4+ years of experience in IT operations, network engineering, DevOps, or software development
- Proficient in at least 1 scripting language (Python, bash, and/or Powershell)
- Information security certification such as CISSP preferred, along with familiarity with one or more of SOC 2, NIST CSF, GDPR, or CCPA
- Biotech/life science industry experience a plus
- Self-starter with strong task management and communication skills, able to operate effectively in Vir's dynamic, growing, and fast-paced environment.
Vir's compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person's experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other Vir benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, non-accrual paid time off, one Friday a month paid-time off, company shut down for holidays, commuter benefits, child care reimbursement, education reimbursement, 401K match and lunch for all lab essential personnel!
Vir is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request accommodation.
Vir Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.