Requisition ID: ICW000469
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that's committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
The Merck Facility in Elkton Virginia is looking for an energetic professional for a multi-craft Maintenance Mechanic to support Facility and Utility Maintenance with daily functions as needed to ensure total reliability of operating and utility systems.
The successful applicant must be flexible to perform the following functions and other tasks as needed:
- The ability to follow prescribed safety and environmental rules and regulations and maintain high quality cGMP standards during the performance of maintaining various equipment.
- The knowledge installing, repairing and maintaining mechanical related equipment throughout a Manufacturing environment and the ability to satisfactorily perform all types of industrial mechanical work as assigned.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and ability to troubleshoot complete routine maintenance and complex repairs; set ups; changeovers, preventive maintenance, and ongoing adjustments.
- The practical knowledge of tools and materials of the mechanical trade.
- The ability to follow complex instructions and use MMD business systems (SAP, ADP eTime, etc.) after receiving the appropriate training.
- The ability to perform predictive maintenance and reliability tasks as assigned.
- The ability to perform a broad scope of overlapping mechanical work.
- Operate large valves with use of a valve wrench.
- Operate Power Industrial Trucks.
- Operate man lift at heights of up to 80'.
- Climb stairs and ladders (fixed and portable) as required to perform job responsibilities at heights of up to 100'.
- Lift at least 50 lbs.
- Ability to function effectively during emergency situations.
- Computer literacy and ability to work in a paperless environment.
- The ability to assist in developing standard operating procedures (SOPs), hazardous energy control procedures (HECPs) and preventative maintenance (PM) and predictive maintenance plans/calibration procedures, as required.
- Responsible for written documentation of activities.
- Actively supports an inclusion culture with significant interaction with Quality, Technical Operations, Engineering and other support groups.
Starting Pay Rate - $26.42/hour
Shift Work Requirement - You will be required to work a 12 hour shift rotation that involves working every other weekend. A flexible schedule is required to support various maintenance activities at times.
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate proficiency in this Mechanic Craft by on-the-job performance, practical skills assessment and testing.
Required Experience and Skills:
- High School or equivalent
- Must have completed a 4-year State Apprenticeship Journeyman program in a multi-craft Mechanical Maintenance field,
- Or provide documentation of equivalent multi-craft Mechanical Maintenance training and skills from the military,
- Or received an equivalent level degree in a Mechanical Maintenance Degree Program.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Must have four (4) years of industrial experience performing in a multi-craft Mechanical Maintenance role, within the past five (5) years,
- Or must have four (4) years of military experience performing in a multi-craft Mechanical Maintenance role, within the past five (5) years.
Preferred Experience and Skills: Industrial pipefitter, Industrial mechanic, Infrastructure welding
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: ICWU LOCAL 94
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Hazardous Materials: Yes
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Harrisonburg
Nearest Secondary Market: Virginia