Requisition ID: ENG004389
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare .
Database Specialist staff member will be responsible for integrating database solutions for new demands with the following responsibilities:
- Collaborates with the project team in understanding the business requirements and provides a solution that adheres to our engineering and security standards.
- Works closely with IT colleagues to ensure that application /technology solutions integrate with the business environment
- Participates in researching and evaluating internal technology resources vs. external options, and provides input on technical solution alternatives
- Assists in the review of testing models/designs to ensure sound testing execution
- Provides input for project planning (i.e., project scope, labor and resource cost estimates) and scheduling
- Responsible for installing and setting up of appropriate technology to meet development project deliverables within time, cost constraints, and quality targets
- Participates in project activities for introducing and implementing technical solutions for users
- Provides technical support to client areas and executes routine administrative and operational tasks (e.g., monitors system performance and availability)
- Interprets, evaluates, troubleshoots or debugs simple to moderate client area issues (i.e., functional operation of installed application hardware, software application, or system malfunctions)
- Follows standard operating procedures in execution of work tasks (i.e., conducting system performance monitoring, analysis, tuning, and maintenance studies)
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelors Degree
Required Experience and Skills:
- 3+ years experience engineering and managing Oracle databases solutions.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical design.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- 2+ year managing MYSQL or MS SQL Server databases.
- Experience working in an environment with GxP and Sarbanes Oxley compliant systems.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Engineering, Development & Integration
Other Locations: Branchburg, NJ, US
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark