Kyowa Kirin are seeking to appoint a Infrastructure Manager within our Head Office in Galashiels, Scottish Borders.
This role requires a highly motivated and focused individual, who is capable of lateral thinking and delivering scalable, robust, secure and recoverable infrastructure across the EMEA region. Taking a hands-on approach and leading by example and recognised as a subject matter expert in a range of infrastructure technologies. This person will provide leadership and development for a small infrastructure team covering networking, Active Directory, Linux, telecoms and other infrastructure technology areas as required
- Provide management and guidance across EMEA infrastructure activities
- Subject Matter Expert in physical and cloud infrastructure
- Ensure infrastructure is maintained to agreed service levels
- Ensure that the Infrastructure team is aligned to the business
- Provide budget management for assigned roles and responsibilities
- Design, plan, lead and manage infrastructure projects and initiatives
- Work with internal and external customers, external partners and suppliers to determine most effective infrastructure solutions.
- Implement and monitor appropriate security procedures ensuring all infrastructure systems meet minimum requirements as required by the security team
- Ensure change control and other regulatory processes are followed at all times
- Ensure that business continuity and DR provision is implemented, maintained and fully documented
- Maintain appropriate levels of documentation to meet the business and regulatory requirements
- Provide management of skills training and education for direct reports
- Work closely with the support team(s) to ensure the highest levels of support are delivered to the business
- Manage third party infrastructure service providers in line with the agreed contracts and business requirements
- Develop and monitor appropriate metrics/KPIs to detect, correct and prevent infrastructure performance/capacity issues
- Maintain a high level of current knowledge regarding systems, technology and telecommunications.
- Provide out of hours emergency support/management as required
- Performs other duties as assigned
To be successful in this position you will require the following:
- Educated to degree level, preferably in a computer science, engineering or business-related subject
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels
- Flexibility to the needs of a fast-moving business environment
- Experience of Infrastructure management, preferably in a regulated environment
- Experience of working with an international support team
- Ability to provide strong change management and procedural controls
- Ability to learn new skills and improve knowledge
- Customer focused, with ability to translate technology into business requirements
- Practical experience of managing information security
- Experience of working in a highly-regulated environment
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
You will be based at our Head Office in Galashiels, commutable from Edinburgh in less than an hour.
Situated in the beautiful Scottish Borders, the local area provides affordable housing options with great infrastructure in terms of schooling, outdoor activities and transport.
Kyowa Kirin International is going through an exceptional time. With our imminent rare disease product launches and further new product development combined with excellent international growth rates, we are providing a great platform for today and our future.
The strength behind our success and future opportunities are our highly committed and skilled staff, supported by our parent company Kyowa Hakko Kirin - a Japanese Specialty Pharmaceutical company, whose substantial reinvestment into R&D is creating products at both early and late stage development. This prosperous time at Kyowa Kirin includes developing new teams, new departments and moving into exciting new areas.
Kyowa Kirin International is an equal opportunities employer.