International Medical Affairs Manager/Director, Medical Excellence
Kyowa Kirin have an new opportunity for an International Medical Affairs Director, Metabolic Bone Disease, Medical Excellence in our Marlow Office.
This role will be critical in leading creation and delivery of internal and external medical communications for Metabolic Bone Disease, XLH and burosumab, through deep understanding and insightful presentation of the available data. The role will be pivotal in shaping the strategy and content of communications, peer-to-peer programs, marketing claims, medical information activities, and product knowledge training across Kyowa Kirin International. The role also entails securing understanding of and commitment to key internal communications to stakeholders, including MSLs, Medical Information, Commercial and HEOR.
- Create, propose and seek funding for an Annual Plan for External Medical Education for Metabolic Bone Disease, XLH and burosumab,
- Create, propose and seek funding for an Annual Plan for Internal Medical Communications for Metabolic bone disease, XLH and burosumab including all aspects of field sales promotional support, product knowledge training, MSL support and development and Medical Information.
- In liaison with Commercial and Medical Affairs, contribute to creation and maintenance of Core Claims documentation for XLH and KRN23, to include:
- Documentation of core commercial claims, to include standardized wording, data presentation, supporting references, context and guidance for appropriate use
- Documentation of standard medical information responses to frequently asked questions, including references as appropriate
- Creation and documentation of standardized MSL field materials, response e-mails, presentations and other content
- Support creation of Sales Training Materials
- Manage the support and development of MSLs in International
Key requirements include:
- Extensive industry experience, with previous experience in rare diseases and orphan drugs preferred
- Relevant scientific degree or appropriate certification, with medical qualification preferred
- Significant experience as ABPI final medical signatory
- Comprehensive understanding of industry medical governance norms, particularly with reference to compliance with all laws, regulations and industry codes of practice
- Experience with Veeva Promomat and electronic sign-off
- Demonstrated ability to interact constructively with internal stakeholder at all levels
- In-depth knowledge of the bone metabolism disease area
- In-depth understanding of the patient journey, treatment guidelines, issues and controversies relevant to optimal management of Metabolic Bone Disease, XLH and burosumab
- Line management experience preferred
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
Kyowa Kirin International is going through an exceptional time. With our imminent rare disease product launches and further new product development combined with excellent international growth rates, we are providing a great platform for today and our future.
The strength behind our success and future opportunities are our highly committed and skilled staff, supported by our parent company Kyowa Hakko Kirin - a Japanese Specialty Pharmaceutical company, whose substantial reinvestment into R&D is creating products at both early and late stage development. This prosperous time at Kyowa Kirin includes developing new teams, new departments and moving into exciting new areas.
Kyowa Kirin International is an equal opportunities employer.