Kyowa Kirin have an new opportunity for an International Medical Affairs Manager, Metabolic Bone Disease, Medical Excellence in our Marlow Office.
This role will be critical in supporting creation and delivery of the external medical communications for Metabolic Bone Disease, XLH and burosumab, particularly medical education initiatives directed towards healthcare professionals managing patients with XLH, those encountering undiagnosed XLH, and those referring patients for specialist care. The role will be vital in ensuring the quality of the content of external medical communications from Kyowa Kirin in full alignment with the medical communications plan and brand strategy.
- Manage delivery of selected External Medical Initiatives for Metabolic Bone Disease, XLH and burosumab which provide appropriate and valuable medical education to key customer groups.
- Manage the Kyowa Kirin presence Congresses in the International Region
- Ensuring full compliance with industry codes and company policies and procedures
- Develop and manage company-sponsored symposia at congresses where appropriate, liaising with the broader Medical Affairs team, to generate expert panels, agendas, and slide presentations.
- Manage the medical presence at exhibition stands including creation of the stand panels and materials for distribution
- Liaise with relevant medical societies and patient advocacy groups, in collaboration with Public Affairs as necessary, to identify communications opportunities and deliver appropriate messages.
Key requirements include:
- Relevant industry experience, with previous experience in rare diseases and orphan drugs preferred
- Relevant scientific degree or appropriate certification, with medical qualification preferred
- Experience as ABPI medical signatory preferred
- Good understanding of industry medical governance norms, particularly with reference to compliance with all laws, regulations and industry codes of practice
- Experience with Veeva Promomat and electronic sign-off
- Demonstrated ability to interact constructively with internal stakeholder at all levels
- In-depth knowledge of the bone metabolism disease area
- In-depth understanding of the patient journey, treatment guidelines, issues and controversies relevant to optimal management of Metabolic Bone Disease, XLH and burosumab
- Line management experience preferred
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
Kyowa Kirin International is going through an exceptional time. With our imminent rare disease product launches and further new product development combined with excellent international growth rates, we are providing a great platform for today and our future.
The strength behind our success and future opportunities are our highly committed and skilled staff, supported by our parent company Kyowa Hakko Kirin - a Japanese Specialty Pharmaceutical company, whose substantial reinvestment into R&D is creating products at both early and late stage development. This prosperous time at Kyowa Kirin includes developing new teams, new departments and moving into exciting new areas.
Kyowa Kirin International is an equal opportunities employer.