Requisition ID: INF004849
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare .
Under the leadership of the Director Architecture Engineering Services, the Architect will
- Be responsible for the delivery of architectural artifacts including solution architecture diagrams (physical & conceptual), infrastructure requirements, and capability roadmaps.
- Lead and design platform architecture that will enable best-in-class IT capabilities supporting Merck's clinical development portfolio
- Drive solution implementations through global, cross-functional teams composed of members from Merck, strategic vendor partners, and industry peers & stakeholders.
- Drive high-level design of strategic global solutions to enable new opportunities through proof-of-concept efforts, industry benchmarking and coalitions.
- Understand and explore industry technologies that are available, in-use, or coming soon. Maintain strong relationships with key vendors, influence vendor's strategic roadmaps and provide transparency around platform roadmaps.
- Contribute to the enterprise architecture community in order to facilitate knowledge sharing and build a common architecture principles and guidelines.
- Partner with Merck's Program Management Office (PMO) to align all efforts and ideas to the approved portfolio.
Education Minimum Requirement:
B.S. Computer Science or equivalent
Required Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of 5 years of IT technical architecture, solution delivery, or technical analysis experience
- Experience with pharmaceuticals life science domains
- Good Knowledge related to designing/architecting solution using different Integration components like Informatica, BigData, REST, SOAP, JSON
- Of the 5 years, minimum of 3 years of experience developing and implementing enterprise level applications and hands on software development
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate with both a technical and a business audience, and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a broad level of partners including off-shore development teams as well as functional area managers
- Strong organizational, influencing, and follow up skills
- Understanding of architectural and data integration best practices and methodologies
- Demonstrated skills in developing and evaluating solution recommendations as well as level of effort estimates
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a complex and dynamic work environment
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience with AWS Clouds/Technology
- Knowledge of Scientific Publishing processes/systems/platforms
- Knowledge of Global Medical Affairs processes/systems/platforms
- Knowledge about Veeva product such Veeva CRM/Medical/MedComm
- Experience with machine learning, natural language processing and robotic process automation tools is a plus
- Experience using knowledge around emerging technologies, trends, vendors, competitor activities, and other industries to influence the future state vision
- Ability to develop and enable consistent solution design patterns
- Experience applying standardized and repeatable approaches to solutions planning
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle processes
- Ability to build and foster strong partnerships with colleagues and vendors to provide thought leadership and drive change
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Information Technology Architecture
Other Locations: West Point, PA, US; Branchburg, NJ, US
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: no
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark