Requisition ID: ACC005164
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare .
As Global Information Technology (IT) at Merck, we have the unique opportunity to drive and enable Global Human Health (GHH) Sales and Marketing Oncology Customer Business Line (CBL) organization dedicated to delivering breakthrough innovations that extend and improve the lives of cancer patients worldwide.
Our forward-thinking teams drive information technology solutions and services along with patient centric digital channels with an unwavering commitment to our patients, physicians and payers supporting awareness, accessibility and affordability of our medicines to improve health.
With rapid healthcare innovations in treatment options, we operate in an environment where all our customers are interacting with multiple personal and digital channels to access relevant health information as needed, in real-time.
Within Global Human Health IT, the Global Oncology Business Analysis and Account Management IT Associate Director supports the Global Oncology business area focused on leading the transformative power of technology with the unprecedented innovation of several Oncology products.
The individual will lead IT product strategy driving forward the Oncology CBL area with key IT enabling initiatives for Launch Planning, Integrated Customer Engagement, Patient Access & Affordability, and Biomarkers.
The individual will be responsible for developing strategic roadmaps, in-depth understanding of Oncology priorities, aligning business and IT strategy, and adopting emerging technologies. The individual will be a key member of an IT team developing Oncology CBL business cases, defining multi-year roadmaps, and delivering business outcomes. This individual will execute the IT portfolio to quickly deliver strategic business value with innovative capabilities in an agile manner while leveraging IT products and platforms.
The individual will partner with business clients, enterprise and divisional IT, external partners, and customers to drive technology innovation and business value realization as a competitive advantage for the Oncology CBL area.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- Provide strategic thought leadership to Merck Oncology digital platforms, engagements and technology
- Identify optimization opportunities and innovative pilot/PoC with regional/global stakeholders in marketing, market access and digital CoE to address key Oncology business challenges
- Define business cases for and relative priority of proposed IT investments and product enhacnements as well as develop metrics, and track progress realization
- Provide guidance on solution architecture and governance
- Develop IT portfolio and ways to quickly provide strategic business value, with innovative capabilities and data analytics in an agile manner
- Identify capabilities required to achieve business strategy aligned with IT roadmaps, platform and product teams, and external vendors
- Contribute to development of and execution on GHH IT and Global Programs
- Share and leverage global best practices across Merck's personal and non-personal channels (digital, call-center, field sales etc.) to improve the customer experience in these engagements
- Leverage, reuse, and improve core technology capabilities to enable business aspirations within key markets
Education Minimum Requirement
Bachelor's Degree. Concentration in Computer Science, Information Systems or Health Information or related field preferred.
Required Experience and Skills
- At least 7 years work experience in business/technical analysis and/or solution/business architecture within the healthcare industry
- Ability to lead and influence product teams with strong thought leadership
- Consistently strong leadership skills including excellent communications and collaboration skills
- Energetic self-starter with demonstrated ability to thrive in a dynamic and complex environment
- Demonstrated success navigating competing business priorities across cross-matrix business and IT teams at the global, regional, and local level
- Experience in business case development including creation and management of value realization metrics
- Ability to learn and apply software development lifecycle (SDLC) planning practices to projects
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Prior GHH IT experience or Oncology background
- Business and/or IT strategy development experience
- Demonstrated thought leadership and innovation especially in relevant sales and marketing technology
- Experience creating Customer Journey Maps, Customer Experience Maps, and Use Cases
- Fluent in SDLC including experience applying in regulated business areas and processes
- Experience utilizing Agile methodology
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Account Management
Other Locations: Upper Gwynedd, PA, US
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Hazardous Materials: None
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark