The IT Business Analyst will be responsible for a portfolio of projects and initiatives in support of our Company's Commercial Human Health Division.
Our IT team operates as a business partner proposing ideas and innovative solutions that enable new organizational capabilities. We collaborate internationally to deliver the services and solutions that help everyone to be more productive and enable innovation.
- Serve as the liaison in the Client Engagement organization between technology and business end-users
- Partner with Human Health leaders to develop a strong understanding of their business strategy, identify information and technology needs, and facilitate the requirements to deliver a solution that aligns with IT strategy
- Develop an understanding of the IT strategy and global systems that enable our IT capabilities
- Promote the IT strategy to business partners and work with them to implement IT innovations and initiatives while ensuring there is no negative impact to business operations
- Document and verify business process flows and business requirements. Determine project deliverable s, schedules and resource needs for projects
- The candidate will interface with other sites and IT Hubs to develop and implement IT solutions consistent with our division’s IT directives
- The candidate will also help implement the digital footprint needed to attain our future IT vision
- Because this is a client facing role which has a high level of interaction with business partners at all levels and requires a strong customer service mindset, the IT Analyst must be able to work independently and be comfortable reaching across functional and geographical areas to collaborate with IT colleagues, third party solution providers and contractors
- Identify and implement business process improvement opportunities through the application of Six Sigma and other operational excellence techniques
- Formulate and define business cases with associated drivers: Return on Investment, Key Performance Indicators, and other appropriate measures and metrics of desired outcomes
- Focus on understanding the broader business environment
- Facilitate discussions or workshops with internal business partners to understand current and future state business processes/requirements
- Obtaining business sponsorship for recommended solutions
- Providing support throughout the implementation of solutions which could include any combination of the following: Requirement Definition, UAT Test Coordination and Project Management
- Assure full and continuous compliance with our Company's Corporate IT Policies, including our Company's System Development LifeCycle (SDLC), and regulatory requirements
- Mentor other IT support personnel in our Company's Corporate IT Policies, including our Company's System Development LifeCycle (SDLC), and regulatory requirements
Required Experience and Skills:
- Min 8 - 10 years experience in information technology with knowledge of complex applications and systems in Commercial Pharma IT
- Demonstrated experience in Waterfall and Agile (Scrum) development methodologies
- Ability to succeed in a dynamic environment where goals change to support evolving business needs
- Extensive business analysis experience in a client-facing role
- Ability to using problem solving methodologies, and create business cases with high level requirements
- Ability to work collaboratively and build strong relationships with business clients, stakeholders, IT shared services groups and development teams
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills with the ability to work independently
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- A team player mindset and an aptitude to solve problems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project or other scheduling software
- Experience working with Jira or similar tracking software
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams)
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Market Access areas related to Tenders, Pricing, Value and/or Affordability
Our Support Functions deliver services and makes recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the experience of working at our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: