At Intercept, our mission is to build a healthier tomorrow for patients with progressive non-viral liver diseases. Intercept's lead product, obeticholic acid (OCA), is a first-in-class farnesoid X receptor (FXR) agonist marketed under the brand name \"Ocaliva ® \" in the U.S., EU and Canada for the treatment of patients with primary biliary cholangitis (PBC), a rare autoimmune liver disease. In 2016, Ocaliva ® was the first medication to be approved for PBC in over twenty years, and sales continue to grow.
Intercept has also established the leading clinical development program in liver fibrosis due to nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH), a disease that impacts the lives of millions of people in the U.S. alone and for which there are currently no available treatments. The 18-month interim analysis of the REGENERATE study of OCA remains the only readout from a Phase 3 trial to have shown positive results in the disease.
People at Intercept are passionate about patients. You'll see their photos lining our walls and hear their stories in town halls. We're equally passionate about our team and ensuring each member reaches their potential. We brave new challenges together. That's how we find better ways to get things done and break down barriers. It's also how we make it fun to work here.
At Intercept, we foster an environment that celebrates creativity, collaboration, and mutual respect. We never hesitate to lean on our teammates and work together. Our relatively small size means you partner with accessible leaders who know you by name. This brings accountability and growth, which all add up to more opportunities to learn something new every day. A strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion is engrained in both our culture and our business. For self-motivated leaders who are ready to make a difference in the lives of patients, Intercept is a great place to be.
As Intercept continues to build its position as the leader in progressive non-viral liver disease, we are seeking an IT Infrastructure Engineer. This is a Hybrid position, requiring a minimum of 2 days a week in the office, with occasional travel to San Diego as the business requires.
The successful candidate must be able to perform each of the following satisfactorily, with or without an accommodation:
- Support the technical requirements of on-site personnel from break/fix troubleshooting to training.
- Serve as part of a 2-3 person shift of systems and network operations administrators responsible for monitoring all corporate systems
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve incidents which impact or threaten service availability
- Help in the engineering effort to improve monitoring coverage and depth
- Configure and maintain appropriate network event management systems
- Help maintain corporate services and infrastructure through updates, upgrades, changes, documentation, and other duties as may be required from time to time
- Work with internal and external teams to coordinate maintenance, identify and resolve problems, and ensure high end-user network quality
- Responding within agreed time limits as a resolver for issues raised with the Service Desk
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Design, creation, and monitoring of PowerShell scripts
- Patching and risk remediation
- Azure Endpoint/Autopilot processes including imaging and remote application installation.
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
- Talking to staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the telephone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
- Deployment/troubleshooting of Phones (desk, mobile, wireless devices, conference), troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
- Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications
- Supporting audio visual systems and services including video conferencing
- Working continuously on a task or problem until completion in coordination with third parties, if appropriate.
- Working under supervision in the prioritizing and managing many open cases at one time
- Testing and evaluating new technology
- Project management and documentation
- Ability to routinely report project and task status to peers and leadership
- The above responsibilities are indicative of the work required and should not be seen as an exhaustive list.
- Understand the legal and compliance environment and drive collaboration with the Legal and Compliance team
- Drive the spirit of \"ONE Team\" across all functions by supporting a team approach to focus on our patients as our top priority
Experience and Skills
- IT related qualification with at least 5 years' experience in a support, infrastructure, or programming role.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Strong technical skills, appropriate Microsoft accreditations encouraged.
- Must have experience with Virtual servers, Active Directory, Office365, Azure and AWS Cloud services / SSO, Cisco Networking hardware and a solid understanding of infrastructure.
- Experience with VoIP and Audio/Video Conferencing capabilities.
- Experience with network performance and infrastructure monitoring systems
- Power Shell and similar scripting experience expected.
- Experience of service level management.
- Competency with internet, mobile technologies, cloud and ITaaS Solutions.
- Organizational skills to be able to manage a personal workload and prioritize activities.
- Strong Interpersonal skills required to interact successfully with end users and third parties as well as fellow team members.
- Self-starter who can excel in a fast-paced and fluid environment.
- Demonstrable ability to think logically and creatively while applying sound judgment
- Capable of working well under pressure.
- Enthusiasm to be continually learning.
- Team player with a strong customer focus.
- Strong verbal and/or written communications skills
- Learning agility and 'scalability' to take on increasing responsibility as Intercept grows
- Consistent demonstration and embodiment of our company core values: Come Together, Be Yourself, Own The Solution, Embrace The Challenge, and Keep Exploring
- Ability to have fun and thrive in a growing, diverse, and inclusive work environment
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS :
The anticipated starting salary range for this position is $77,000 to $115,000. This represents the anticipated low and high end of the salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range, based on various factors including, but not limited to, experience, skillset, and performance.
The salary range listed is just one component of our total compensation package. Successful applicants will be eligible to receive annual bonuses and equity in the Company, at the discretion of the Company. Intercept also provides a competitive suite of benefits, including:
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Rewards and recognition program
- Health care benefits (medical, Rx, dental, and vision insurance)
- Sick and safe leave (unlimited, subject to certain limitations, and in accordance with disability coordination, as applicable)
- Parental leave benefits
- A generous Paid Time Off program of 20 days per year
- 10 paid holidays per year
- 4 paid Personal Days per year
- 2 paid Volunteer Days per year
- Numerous well-being and work-life programs
Employment decisions at the Company are made without unlawful regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, sex (including gender, pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected genetic information, marital or partnership status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.