Requisition ID: BUS003021
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare .
As an IT Quality Laboratory Sr. Analyst at Merck's Austin IT HUB, you will be part of inventing tomorrow. Our Innovative centers are where great people come together and deliver solutions that save and improve lives.
We are seeking motivated, talented scientific professionals who bring a passion to solving today's problems to accelerate solution creation for improving tomorrow.
Are you a trained scientist who naturally takes the lead in solving IT problems in the Lab? Can you effortlessly switch between speaking science and IT with your colleagues? In this role you will have the opportunity to combine both passions as you join an IT organization partnered to a scientific business community in delivering impactful solutions to our quality laboratory business. Apply your leadership, problem solving and innovation skills as a IT Quality Laboratory Analyst at Merck.
- J oin a team who is passionate about delivering a business knowledge infused IT service charged with delivering the best of medicine to every person.
- Apply your empathy to IT problems affecting the laboratory workflow to developing solutions.
- Apply technical knowledge and experience to develop, deploy and support complex global Lab IT systems for a large Pharma manufacturing company.
- Apply your understanding of the interactions between local, and enterprise systems to architecture of changes and new solutions.
- Be a partner to the business in evaluating multiple sources of user requests to further define the voice of the customer for solution development.
- Apply prior experience to review intent of system design to Business solution fueled by IT.
- Author and peer review solution documentation developed for our Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) to reduce risk of late identification of requirements, incomplete solutions, or testing gaps during delivery.
- Support testing efforts to deliver high quality solutions that minimize business disruption when deployed.
- Work with the Technical Lead, Program Manager and Business to plan, estimate and deliver on all development activities to ensure effective and efficient program execution.
- Combine your existing scientific work experience, and your role in solution delivery to help end users fully utilize and adapt to the provided solutions. Partner with them to identify work arounds as required and to identify true root cause of any issues.
- Mentor junior team members.
You will work and learn more about:
- Pharmaceutical manufacturing and quality management
- Laboratory IT systems including LIMS, Chromatography Data Systems, Laboratory Execution Systems, Lab Data Archiving solutions
- Program and Project Management
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering, Life Sciences or equivalent
Required Experience and Skills to be successful in this role:
- Demonstrated experience in the design, configuration and implementation of solutions for Laboratory and/or Shopfloor Manufacturing.
- Laboratory process knowledge in the manufacturing environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate with both a business and a technical audience
- The ability to work independently and effectively as a team across global hubs, and maintain a highly collaborative, transparent effort.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Demonstrated experience leading technical aspects of small to medium sized IT projects.
- Understanding of Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) processes.
- Familiarity with advanced/emerging technology trends such as Cloud, Mobility and Data Science
- Experience in working in a large global matrix organization.
- Experience working with any Manufacturing Laboratory System. For instance: Chromatography Data Systems (i.e., Empower), Scientific Data Management (i.e., Nugenesis) and/or Laboratory Information Management (i.e., LIMS)
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Business/Technical Analysis
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 2
Shift (if applicable):
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Austin