Our IT team operates as a business partner proposing ideas and innovative solutions that enable new organizational capabilities. We collaborate internationally to deliver the services and solutions that help everyone to be more productive and enable innovation.
Reporting to the Site IT Lead the IT Specialist provides liaison support between IT and the Company site Manufacturing Division clients. The IT Specialist works with the plant staff to identify and define business issues, build business cases, and ensure IT continuity and functionality in support of site activities. This role has a wide range of responsibilities including account management, business analysis, project management, change management and support management. As part of this role, the IT Specialist will also be engaged in ongoing production support and compliance activities to enable timely and efficient resolution of system issues driven by either the business or IT. The IT Specialist will also, on the IT side, represent the business providing feedback, insight and prioritization back to the various IT organizations to ensure that our Manufacturing Division’s voice is heard on issues of support, functionality and other initiatives.
Under the management and supervision of the Site IT Lead, the IT Specialist is responsible for activities that include the following:
- Support and facilitate business assessment reviews, Kaizen events and walk-throughs for our Manufacturing Division Strategic initiatives
- Develop detailed functional requirement specifications from high level business concepts
- Develop solutions for business requirements and ensure alignment with IT Architecture and our Manufacturing Division's Business Strategy either directly or in collaboration with other IT groups
- Provide project management and execution support, as required, for projects
- Support IT and business geared policy initiatives including SDLC, Risk Management, GMP, etc. as they relate to or require IT solutions
- Gain knowledge, as it relates to client business processes and the current business environment in which they operate in, and support the ongoing development and maintenance of the our Manufacturing Division IT Strategy.
- Work with IT support organizations (GTO, AMS, etc.) to communicate and minimize the impact of IT changes on our Manufacturing Division production activities. Manage the relationship between support and the business to ensure a positive, productive experience.
- Engage with IT support organizations to drive quick resolution to IT incidents, investigate root cause and prevent recurrence
- Collaborate with IT Risk Management group to understand cyber security threats and to ensure that site computing is current on anti-virus patching and safe computing practices.
- Facilitate communication within the business, IT and each other to improve the usage and business benefit of existing tools and processes.
Minimum Education Requirement:
- HS or 5 years’ experience in IT
Our Support Functions deliver services and makes recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the experience of working at our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: