IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
Role and Responsibilities:
The technical team lead role presents the opportunity to lead a team that studies and evaluates new technologies and how they can be integrated in the global company strategy. This person leads a team of technical architects that provides consulting and advice services to CIO and Business Unit teams on different domains of expertise to contribute of products evaluation or define architecture. This role provides an excellent opportunity to liaise with key external and internal stakeholders working on innovation to help our experts in healthcare domain to provide the best service to our clients.
This role will require the team lead to partner and work closely with other IQVIA members of CIO organization, Global Technology Pillars. This is an opportunity to join and progress with a forward-thinking department.
Principal responsibilities include:
• Provide technical leadership to a team and individually provide technology research, study the market trends in innovation, validate their opportunity to be integrated our global strategy program
• Research activities include readings, proof-of-concepts (POCs), and lab testing
• Lead team efforts for technology evaluations, which involves identifying a weighted feature matrix for a specific need and evaluating and scoring products and vendors against the desired features
• This research can be done in collaboration with CIO and Global Technology Pillars
• Build relationships with external companies to evaluate their robustness to support our quality of service requirements
• Provide consulting activities, support global business units in their architecture configuration and/or help resolve issues with our expertise knowledge
• Elaborate or review architectures to propose an architecture that respect standard and deliver the best service
• Analyze architecture and product usage to resolve performance issue or to improve performance
• Identify technical and architecture risks, commenting and/or providing alternatives for improvement
• Help guide team members and ensure quality and consistency of deliverables
Required skills and experience:
• Minimum of 6 years of professional experience in IT architecture is mandatory
• Experience leading a team of four or more experienced technical architects is mandatory
• Experience in information technology related positions with working knowledge of IT infrastructure, networks, databases, processing systems, web applications, cloud, big data (compute & hosting) and virtualization (servers and containers)
• Experience of IT automation, DevOps methodology are recommended
• Experience with machine learning and related supporting technologies
• Experience and commitment in delivering significant value to organization as a trusted advisor
• Excellent communication skills, including ability to communicate across countries and cultures
• Excellent team player and collaborator
• Attention to detail combined with strategic perspective
• Ability to work under own initiative, and enthusiasm to drive through change and multi task
• Ability to exercise high level of confidentiality when dealing with highly sensitive information
• High level of accountability and ability to execute; experience of estimating and planning work effort including managing risks and issues in relation to delivery of work
• Commitment to ongoing professional development and development of team capabilities
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information technology
• Scrum or project management certificates are not required but beneficial
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
Job ID: R1091888