Key Account Manager, Germany (f/m)
Area: Bremen, Hannover
At Intercept, our mission is to build a healthier tomorrow for patients with progressive non-viral liver diseases. Intercept's lead product, obeticholic acid (OCA), is a first-in-class farnesoid X receptor (FXR) agonist marketed under the brand name "Ocaliva ® " in the U.S., EU and Canada for the treatment of patients with primary biliary cholangitis (PBC), a rare autoimmune liver disease. Ocaliva ® was the first medication to be approved for PBC in over twenty years, and sales continue to grow more than four years after its initial approval in 2016.
Intercept has also established the leading clinical development program in advanced fibrosis due to nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH), a disease that impacts the lives of millions of people in the U.S. alone. Currently, there are no available treatments for NASH, and the REGENERATE study of OCA remains the only Phase 3 trial to have generated positive results in the disease. A second Phase 3 trial, REVERSE, is evaluating OCA in patients with compensated cirrhosis due to NASH, with results expected in 2021.
People at Intercept are passionate about patients. You'll see their photos lining our walls and hear their stories in town halls. We're equally passionate about our team and ensuring each member reaches their potential. We brave new challenges together. That's how we find better ways to get things done and break down barriers. It's also how we make it fun to work here.
At Intercept, we foster an environment that celebrates creativity, collaboration, and mutual respect. We never hesitate to lean on our teammates and work together. Our relatively small size means you partner with accessible leaders who know you by name. This brings accountability and growth, which all add up to more opportunities to learn something new every day. A strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion is engrained in both our culture and our business. For self-motivated leaders who are ready to make a difference in the lives of patients, Intercept is a great place to be.
As Intercept continues to build its position as the leader in progressive non-viral liver disease, we are seeking an experienced Key Account Manager (KAM), with a strong track record, to join our German Commercial team on a field-based basis, covering Bremen, Hannover and surrounding areas.
The KAM is of pivotal importance as he or she is the company's representative to pharmacists, physicians and other stakeholders in hospitals and office based locations and selected accounts in the community. The KAM is responsible for customers identified as being relevant to use our drugs for the benefit of patients. He or she will be responsible to develop and drive sales in an assigned district and accounts. A close cooperation with the field based Medical team is fundamental for this exciting job opportunity. The successful candidate should have the ability to build up and develop the infrastructure in the district to support growth and productivity goals. He or she will be highly motivated and capable of working autonomously but also in a team of professionals to help drive the success of our products and the company. The successful candidate should be energetic, confident, independent and entrepreneurial with a track record of proven success in previous jobs facing liver or gastro specialists or in a similar specialist environment.
The detailed accountabilities, the candidate profile and required experience is set out in the following brief.
The Key Account Manager is reporting to the Regional Sales Manager.
The successful candidate must be able to perform each of the following satisfactorily:
- Successful management of accounts/customers according to highest standards of compliance with principles of good corporate governance, professional and ethical behavior and safety standards, national legal requirements and regulations.
- Identification and development of new relevant accounts and customers in his/her district, fine-tuning the targeting of customers in collaboration with other functions of the company.
- Development of local action and communication plans and use of innovative concepts to drive the use of our innovative products
- Analysis of individual accounts and design of tactics for each of them depending on customer needs
- Relationship management of key customers not limited to prescribers but also regional opinion leaders
- Capability to build and develop strategic and long lasting alliances with key stakeholders and customers.
- Initiation, organization and implementation of medical educational events in the assigned district; participation at local and national congresses and events.
- Regular use of a CRM system for communication and documentation purposes and to analyze the market situation, trends, dynamics, competitors, new entries and deriving actions from it.
- Management of an allocated financial budget for scientific events or other spending.
- Most of the time is spent with customers, almost daily travel is required within the district and outside at sales meetings or congresses.
- Understand the legal and compliance environment and drive collaboration with the Legal and Compliance team
- Drive the spirit of "ONE Team" across all functions by supporting a team approach to focus on our patients and customers as our top priorities
- Make Intercept a truly desired place to work
Experience and Skills
- Significant experience as a sales representative in the pharmaceutical industry with experience as specific specialist, preferable for liver or gastro diseases
- Strong scientific expertise and deep knowledge of physicians structures, patient pathways and requirements
- Strong selling competence and -techniques, mixed with economical knowledge and skills
- Empathy in working with colleagues, customers and other stakeholders
- Results-oriented, analytical-, strategic-, communication- and decision making skills.
- High expertise in using modern information technology, internally and with customers
- Certified medical representative (§75 AMG) with robust medical expertise
- Basic skills in English, both oral and written communications.
- Fluency in German, both oral and written communications.
- Scientific University degree (Medicine, Biology, Biochemistry, etc.) preferred
- Experience with product launches into the specialty or orphan market, good understanding of the science of medicinal products preferred
- Experience with products in liver diseases would be beneficial
- Previous track-record of success in managing accounts and customers with a robust network in the designated district, good organizational skills
- Track record of diplomacy, judgment and team playing.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Open to a new challenge of setting up an important player in the field of non-viral liver diseases - Intercept Pharma Deutschland GmbH - with an entrepreneurial spirit for this outstanding opportunity.
- Successful track record of identifying and influencing key decision makers
- Results orientated with a sense of urgency and customer focus, resilient when overcoming obstacles.
- Articulates and reinforces the purpose and direction of their area of responsibility in relation to ICPTs overall vision and direction.
- Continually raises standards of performance for one's group. Pushes self and group to do better than expected by changing or modifying approaches tothe work and regularly communicates these new expectations to team members
- Consistently invests time to analyze and understand underlying reasons for industry, market, or scientific issues as they affect one's own area
- Stays confident when challenged, stating the rationale for one's views clearly while listening to and respecting others' right to different opinions. After stating one's views clearly and confidently, stands by team and organizational decisions regardless of personal viewpoint
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Learning agility and 'scalability' to take on increasing responsibility as Intercept grows
- Consistent demonstration and embodiment of company core values: Collaboration, Excellence, Innovation, Integrity, Passion, Patient/Stakeholder Centricity
- Understanding the legal and compliance environment
- Ability to have fun!
This is a unique opportunity to make a huge impact as individual contributor in the German Commercial team, and to play a key role in the success of Intercept Germany.
To apply, please send an up-to-date CV and cover letter in English