Job Title: Key Account Manager
Location: Italy, Field based (Lazio, Sardegna and Abruzzo)
COMPANY SUMMARY :
At Intercept, our mission is to build a healthier tomorrow for patients with progressive non-viral liver diseases. Intercept's lead product, obeticholic acid (OCA), is a first-in-class farnesoid X receptor (FXR) agonist. OCA, marketed under the brand name \"Ocaliva®,\" is approved in the U.S., EU and Canada for certain patients with primary biliary cholangitis (PBC), a rare autoimmune liver disease. Ocaliva® was the first product to be approved for PBC in over twenty years and our team is proud to have been pioneers in providing the first second-line treatment option to patients with such critical need. The Ocaliva® launch in 2016 also marked Intercept's successful transition from a development-stage company to a fully integrated commercial organization with continued growth.
In February 2019, Intercept reported positive topline results from the Phase 3 REGENERATE study of OCA in patients with liver fibrosis due to nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). REGENERATE is the first and largest Phase 3 study in NASH - a chronic disease that threatens the lives of millions of people in the U.S. alone. Currently, there are no available treatments for NASH, and Intercept is among the leading companies focused on the disease.
Based on the positive results from REGENERATE, Intercept submitted the first new drug application for a NASH treatment to the U.S. FDA in September 2019. This is an exciting time for Intercept, as the organization prepares for a potential approval and launch in NASH. As part of this effort, Intercept is beginning to build a new commercial organization, and this opportunity in Sales will play a pivotal role in preparing the company for the successful anticipated launch of OCA's second indication.
POSITION SUMMARY :
Intercept is expanding its operations in Italy in the context of the successful launch of its first product indicated for Primary Biliary Cholangitis. The company is looking for inspirational and passionate people who understand what it will take to work in a dynamic, growing organization to advance Intercept's mission of bringing innovative medicines in unmet, non-viral, liver diseases to patients. We have an exciting opportunity for a Hepatology Key Account Manager Lazio, Sardegna and Abruzzo, to join our Italian organization.
Ideally based in Rome, reporting to the National Sales Manager, the Hepatology Key Account Manager will be ICPT Therapeutics' direct link to health care professionals (doctors and hospital pharmacists) and payors in the assigned territory, with responsibility for sales, brand positioning, communication of the clinical and economic benefits of the product, building relationships, educating staff, and identifying new opportunities for commercial and Local access growth. Success will be defined by accelerating broad access to patients in a rare disease for Intercept's innovation.
This role is fully accountable for Intercept's sales, local access and product adoption in the assigned territory, whilst recognizing that Intercept is a matrix organization and that strong collaboration with other relevant functions is needed to achieve the goal.
The successful candidate must be able to perform each of the following satisfactorily:
- Call on targeted health care professionals (Hepatologists, Gastroenterologists and Pharmacists) in his/ her territory to deliver disease and product related information in accordance with the Summary of Product Characteristic and Decree n. 219 /2006 and its amendments
- Collect observations on side effects and counter-indications/risks of drug and notify the Pharmacovigilance Department.
- Develop and execute integrated accounts action plans across all relevant areas of the communication mix
- Achieve the defined territory goals
- Align with Market Access to plan, implement and monitor Regional budgets
- Establish and maintain quality and trustful relationship within the relevant medical community opinion leaders, hospital pharmacists and other relevant stakeholders
- Maintain a current and comprehensive clinical and pharmacoeconomic knowledge of the product
- Support disease awareness through appropriate scientific information and education (programs) to HCPs
- Timely and accurate feeding of the CRM system and submitting of managerial reports
- Collaborate with other key functions including Regional Access Managers and MSLs to share best practice and to create opportunities for appropriate product adoption
- Organize staff meetings in hospitals / or support Medical Department as appropriate
- Ensure that all activities comply with regulatory agencies, public policies/guidelines, and with corporate policies and procedures
Patient Journey development:
- Strategically analyze the Patient Journey at account and territory level to identify gaps and help building solutions
- Support Marketing in its competitive landscape analysis and Assist Customer Service on order management
- Closely collaborate with Market Access to raise Institutional awareness of existing gaps Facilitate cross-collaboration between centers and their stakeholders to optimize patient care
- Understand and describe access process, steps and requirements in assigned accounts
- Closely collaborate with Regional Market Access Manager to interact with identified payers to support the access administrative process at account level
- Anticipate, identify and resolve access and reimbursement issues at account level
- Identify key treatment vs referral centres in assigned territory
As a relatively new company, it is important that people joining Intercept combine strong skills and robust experience with high level of energy, entrepreneurial approach and collaborative spirit to revert in positive the continuous evolving climate and uncertainties
- Understand the legal and compliance environment and drive collaboration with the Legal and Compliance team
- Drive the spirit of \"ONE Team\" across all functions by supporting a team approach to focus on our patients and customers as our top priorities
- Make Intercept a truly desired place to work
Experience and Skills
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Significant pharmaceutical / biotech industry commercial experience Product Specialist roles in specialty care / rare disease or orphan drug company is required (experience in hepatology may be a plus)
- Experience in Market Access (KAM) or Customer Marketing roles would be a highly appreciated plus
- Proven track record of exceeding goal targets in former roles
- Experience in building-up a business \"from scratch\" would also be considered a plus
- Ability to learn, understand, translate into simple messages and clearly communicate complex technical information
- Responsible and accountable for his/her own work, and will share collective responsibilities with others
- Demonstrate high level communication and interpersonal skills - someone who engages with others and can impact, influence and inspire confidence both internally and externally. Confident, mature and a flexible individual, (s)he will demonstrate an ability to adapt to different cultures, situations and personalities and build long-term relationships
- Organized personality and having a 'closer' mentality: independent, pro-active and being results oriented
- Literate of computer / IPAD and reporting tools (ex. Concur, CRM. etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Learning agility and 'scalability' to take on increasing responsibility as Intercept grows
- Consistent demonstration and embodiment of company core values: Collaboration, Excellence, Innovation, Integrity, Passion, Patient/Stakeholder Centricity
- Understanding the legal and compliance environment
- Ability to have fun!
- Life Science Degree or higher post graduate qualification
- Fluent in Italian. B1 in English or above
This is a unique opportunity to make a huge impact as individual contributor in the Italian Commercial team, and to play a key role in the success of the expansion of Intercept Italy. Excellent remuneration packager on offer.
To apply, please send an up-to-date cv and cover letter in English no later than Friday 18th September 2020