- The Key Account Manager will engage diverse stakeholders across all relevant landscapes within assigned crossover accounts that include health systems, networks, and academic accounts.
- Develop relationships within targeted accounts by influencing patient access and care via multiple channel such as C-suite, department heads, Supply Chain, SPs, Network lead, 3rd Party Vendors, Engagement at Conferences, Symposiums etc.
- Has the responsibility of creating an aligned strategic plan as well as informing internal partners of updates such as access changes within targeted accounts through quarterly East/West Area calls and 1:1's with affected RM's when necessary.
- Activities include, but not limited to, formulary placement/consideration for company product/s and integrating overall brand and corporate awareness within targeted accounts.
- Reports to the Area Sales Director
This position will provide critical competitive intelligence within the assigned marketplace and assist in the development of the overall market access strategic plan for company as well as work cross functionally with internal customers to drive the national sales strategy. Requires greater than 50% travel and many weekend meetings throughout the year.
- Oncology Experience Required. Preferred Oncology experience in large network accounts.
- Demonstrate a clear and thorough understanding of targeted disease states and the full range of treatment options available within those targeted disease states.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the impact of targeted disease options on the impact of stakeholders/customers decisions.
- Leverage detailed knowledge of both company and competitor products to communicate effectively and appropriately with the key decision makers and influencers and differentiate company Products in alignment with customer and patient needs and goals.
- Leverage appropriate proactive methods to gather and demonstrate a thorough understanding of integrated customer accounts, customer business models, financial dynamics, marketplace developments and trends, competitive strategies, healthcare policy, and company strategies and processes.
- Adapt national sales and marketing strategies to each account's unique market dynamic
- Coordinate, implement, and follow through on all relevant account contracts with timely updates for internal company collaborative partners.
- Develop and Pull Through Strategy for Large Networks such as IDNs, Aggregators, Community Oncology Networks
- Conduct quarterly business reviews for assigned industry partners
- Develop and maintain plans to gain access to build, maintain, and leverage ongoing business relevant relationships by identifying business opportunities, key stakeholders essential to those opportunities, by staying abreast of all pricing changes and trends as well as related impact to customer relationships and decision making abilities.
Education/Experience/Skills: Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- MBA preferred but not required.
- Experience in sales, managed care, reimbursement, health policy, or healthcare marketing experience.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry with documented experience in oncology and account management
- Regional / National Account Management experience preferred
- Expert knowledge of relevant products, their associated therapeutic areas, competitors, and other related marketplace factors.
- Strong organization, planning, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently to execute against strategic and tactical plans under tight timelines.
- Ability to assemble and lead cross-functional teams toward a shared vision of success.
- Ability to present ideas effectively to individuals or groups, targeting presentation to the needs of the audience.
- Ability to travel to meetings/trainings/programs, as necessary.
- Valid driver's license.
- Must reside within the geographic area of the assigned territory.
- Up to 50% travel required.